Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Questions and comments about Sprints 3G Launch

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by IMBALDyIDUNNO, Aug 5, 2002.

1. IMBALDyIDUNNO

IMBALDyIDUNNO New Member

Sprint pcs is launching their new 3g network within a week. I have some questions about a particular phone model. Has anyone seen, heard, or read anything on the LG5350. I know that phone is going to be released but i am trying to decide whether to get that phone or the a500. Only thing is I am hesitant to get anything made by samsung. I have been using sprint for years and all the samsung phones i have had are horrible. After the N200 i purchased my first sanyo model, the 5150. The phone is unbelievable. Gets sevice and clear undistorted calls when my friends with samsung products cant even get a signal. So i think I will steer clear of samsung, though i will give them that the a500 is one sexy phone, i need something that is small, but is gonna work. Samsung just hasnt done it for me. Handspring is also comming out with the treo for the new 3g network, a full color treo. That may be nice with the highspeed network. Just some things to keep in mind, anyone with any info please message me on here or email @lubes14@aol.com. thanks folks

imbaldyidunno

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Are you planning on using the data aspect. Your 5150 is 3g voice

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

get a sanyo 4900. its not flip but its colour screen and 3g. or the sanyo 6400 which is a 3g version of the 6200 but still with no colour screen. no sanyo 3g flip phone will be out till later in the year. dont get the LG they are garbage. trust me on that one. been workin for sprint for a few weeks now and they are by far the crappiest of all sprint phones. i did research on them. also there is a good hitachi comin out soon as well.......no flip though. but no verdict on hitachi .......but if it is japanese made count on quality. like the sanyos.

4. markv83

markv83 Member

I have an LG 5250 and the only complaint I have with this phone is that it gets terrible reception.
    Mark

5. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I kinda like the N400

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member

LG = garbage . Funny how most sprint employees would agree [​IMG] Sanyo's are the best!

Mark - you are among many LG owners who complain about its reception. Thats why i returned my LG 5200. I still love its size and looks though.

7. markv83

markv83 Member

sprinttechrep--that is the reason why I bought the phone. I would never have bought it for the reception. I guess I have already heard peoples reviews on the 4900 and they say the reception is even better than the 4700, which was my previous phone. Think I am going to stick it out for a while with the LG and wait to buy a new phone when Sprint introduces their PTT feature.
    Mark

Oh yeah, I say a brochure of the PCS Vision plans and all the regular plan are the same[​IMG]

8. SprintTechRep

what is ppt feature? you got feedback on the 4900 already? dang, we dont even have it in our store yet he..he. I will probably be tempted to get the 4900 when it arrives. One of the bad things about working for sprint is Im tempted to change phones every month. Not very good for the wallet

9. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

yes i'll let you know when i hear more about sprint PTT. so far i have done some digging and i see that it is still planned for launch shortly.......but no details are available. from what i have heard it wont be as good as nextel's DC though it will be national-as well as being full duplex supposedly......as some people have speculated the 1st generation of PTT on cdma1x networks will be so-so but once the 2nd generation of PTT on cdma1x rolls out (sprint/verizon) it will be as good (fast) as nextel DC as well as already being national (something nextel DC will be soon)

btw PTT= Push To Talk (basically meaning like a walkie talkie feature)

10. SprintTechRep

Oh ok, yeah i know about the launch of walkie talkie phones. Just never heard of the abbreviation PTT before. I am looking forward to PPT. I just hope the PTT phones arent as ugly as nextels. *sigh* that means ill have to change phones AGAIN! poor wallet [​IMG]

11. markv83

markv83 Member

Sprinttechrep... That is the reason why I am trying to hold off in buying a 3G phone. It will be tough to fight it though because I want one so bad. Trying to take it easy on the wallet just like you.
    Mark

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Do any of you know if there will be any phones similar to the Sony Ericsson T68 coming to Sprint's new network? I really like the bluetooth functionality and being able to sync with a computer. Are any manufacturers looking to bring bluetooth phones to Sprint's network?