Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

questions about nextel

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by jaiiichizzle35, Jan 24, 2007.

1. jaiiichizzle35

jaiiichizzle35 New Member

hello is nextel one of the top good carryers or is it the least and if there was a good phone i should get what would it be.. and the price.. :loony:

2. chuikov

chuikov Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    It depends on your area. If it's Vineland, NJ, all the carriers have some coverage problems in that region. You might want to consider the new Sprint-Nextel hybrid phone that allows you to use Sprint's network for calls as well as Nextel direct conect walkie-talkie through the same phone. It's being advertized for $60.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i would recommend sticking with something like Verizon if thats where you live cuz then you will have the roaming from USCC and Alltel and Sprint depending on who is offered there.........and you'll have analog backup if you get a dual band/trimode phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

We don't have Alltel or USCC in the NJ area, that is if the OP is from Vineland NJ.
    As for Nextel, I would stay away from them, they have been horrible in this area & seem to be getting worst. There are times I can't use it at all, so I need to use my Cingular phone to call people on their Verizon or Cingular phones.

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    we dont have Alltel or USCC over here in PA either.........they seem to be more prevalent in Central US and SE US

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I used to have Nextel and their service was horrible! Anywhere I went it was bad, it wasn't just in one spot. I would definitely stay away from Nextel, you'll be happy you did. You'd probably end up with tons of dropped calls saying that the "System is Busy" and "Try again later". You'll almost never have that happen with a CDMA company or GSM company. I would say the best companies would have to be Verizon, then Sprint, then Alltel, then probably Cingular or T-Mobile. At least, that's my opionion here in Michigan. I also would say to go to a CDMA carrier like Verizon, Sprint or Alltel (although I don't think there is Alltel coverage there) because I also used to have a GSM phone with Dobson and I will never get a GSM phone again.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i've heard a lot of bad things about GSM in Michigan.........i was satisfied with the quality of services of Nextel here in SE PA.............i had T-Mobile and it was alright.........they didnt have the best coverage but that was almost a year ago........and i asked when i left them if they would be improving coverage soon and they said within the next 6 months.........so coverage for T-Mobile here has prolli def improved.........i'm impressed with Sprint's coverage here...........its better than Verizon in some places..........Cingu;ar is pretty blanketed.............not that many dead areas..........altogether the coverage in my area is all about the mountainous geography...........thats really all it is............but the carriers realized that and are working around it