Separate names with a comma.
You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!
Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by bartelsse, Nov 11, 2008.
Does anybody have a clue as to when T-Mobile will release the BlackBerry Bold 9000?
Sadly not sure looking forward to having it though last thought was first quarter 09 but that's not official
Oh ok I was hoping that they would release it by the end of the year I guess I would need to go with another phone when i finally switch over at the end of the month.
The Bold currently out for AT&T won't work on T-Mobile's 3G network. I don't know when (if ever) the Bold will be available on T-Mobile USA.
I spoke with a RIM rep the other day and he informed me that initially Tmobile and ATT were offerred the bold both with 3G for their respective networks. The bold failed testing miserably for both providers but that ATT decided to launch and fix later, and Tmobile decided to send back to RIM and let them work the Kinks out of the phone he was not specific with what failed but I thought this was interesting.
Thanks for the interesting info.
That does make sense, especially since I think it was due from AT&T in the summer sometime, but it wasn't until the last 3 weeks it was finally released.
I'm told that it will be available 3rd quarter 09. ATT has exclusive for one year.
Thanks for the info and welcome to WA, jnymac!
as far as i know the Bold being pushed back as it was was supposed originally rumored to come out to carriers in and order in almost perfect 2-month intervals......i just ant Sprint to get it then i'll switch from my 1st Generation SERO plan to the new Everything Plus Referral plan......i really want a Blackberry......they really are addicting
Feb 11th tmobile is launching the Blackberry 8900 we are calling it the curve 2, I have seen pics, it looks like the bold to me. And it says it has high speed internet and a 512mhz processor
Although, it has been said that the browser is quick on the 8900, it does not have high speed internet or 3G capabilities. It will support EDGE. I wish RIM would have included 3G with this device, it would have made it a killer.
I will let you know the specs when they are released before launch
Which specs? RIM already has most of them posted onlinehere
* Camera (3.2 MP)
* Wi-Fi® Support
* Built-in GPS
* Enhanced Media Player
* Video Recording
* BlackBerry® Maps
* Wireless Email
* Corporate Data Access
4.29 inches (109 mm)
2.36 inches (60 mm)
0.53 inches (13.5 mm)
3.87 ounces (109.9 grams)
* Battery: 1400 mAHr removable/rechargeable cryptographic lithium cell
* Talk Time: 5.5 hours
* Standby Time: 356 hours
* 35 key backlit QWERTY keyboard
* Trackball located on front face of device, ESC key to the right, Menu to the left
* Dedicated Keys: Send, End, Mute, Lock, VAD (user customizable), 2-stage camera (user customizable), 2x volume/zoom
* User Interface: Intuitive icons and menus
* Integrated speaker and microphone, Hands-free headset capable, Bluetooth® headset capable, Integrated Hands-Free Speakerphone
* Rating for hearing aids (PDF): M3 (in cellular bands only)
* High resolution 480x360 pixel color display
* Transmissive TFT LCD
* Supports over 65,000 colors
* Screen Size: 2.44 inches (diagonally measured)
* Video Format Support: DivX, XviD (MPEG4 Advance Simple Profile), H.263, WMV3
* Audio Format Support: .3gp, WAV, MIDI, AMR-NB, G711u/A, GSM610, PCM, MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA9/10 Standard/Pro
* North America: 850 MHz GSM®/GPRS networks
* North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
* Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
* Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
* EDGE networks
* 802.11b/g enabled
* Wi-Fi Alliance Certifications: WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise, WMM, WMM Power Save, Wi-Fi Protected Setup
* Cisco CCX certification planned
* Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
* Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry® Internet Server
* Direct IP web browsing over Wi-Fi
* Support for UMA/GAN
* Camera: 3.2 MP camera (JPEG Encoding) with Auto focus, Image stabilization, Flash and 2X Digital Zoom
* Video Camera: Normal Mode: 480x352 pixel, MMS Mode: 176x144 pixel
Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR; Headset, Handsfree, Serial Port Profile, Stereo Audio (A2DP/AVCRP), SIM Access Profile and Dial-up Networking supported.
* Ringtones: .3gp, WAV, MIDI, AMR-NB, G711u/A, GSM610, PCM, MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA9/10 Standard/Pro
* Notifications: Tone, vibrate, on-screen or LED indicator; notification options are user configurable
wow man you are a blackberry addict!... Nicely done thank you
Lol thank you tmobileman!! That is the best compliment I have received in the past week or two :biggrin: