Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Question: phone or coverage issue?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by zippy73, Sep 7, 2002.

1. zippy73

zippy73 Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. I ordered Verizon service and got the LG TM510 phone. I am extremely disappointed with it. If I talk while someone else is saying something at the same time, then the conversation breaks up. I tested it with an answering machine message. If I kept silent, then I could hear the message just fine but if I spoke while the message was playing, then I would hear this broken message with words skipped over. Is this a phone issue or is the problem with Verizon? My old Nokia 5160 never did this (with AT&T coverage). By the way, I am in the Bay Area (California).

Also, I've noticed background noise when having a conversation on the phone. It sounds similar to the sound a stereo makes when the volume is turned up loud during a silent period. You can hear all the "fuzzy" noises in the background. I need to know if there is a solution to these problems. Are they phone related or Verizon coverage related? I posted this same message on the Western forum so I apologize for the duplicate message that some of you may see. I need some advice fast because I only have 15 days to change my mind.

I got my boss a Nokia 3285 at the same time so on Monday, I'll have to check if his phone does the breaking up thing also. Thanks for the help.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

There have been complaints about the 510's voice quality and reception on a number of postings. I'd return it.

3. LaceyCagney

LaceyCagney New Member

When I had it, I found it to be a little staticky on occasion, but otherwise great. I never experienced what you were talking about. I'm thinking you have a defective handset and should exchange it. In the six or so months of my owning it, the only thing I got fed up with was the size. It's small, but bulky which doesn't look appealing sitting in your pants pocket. Otherwise the phone worked great, was relatively easy to use (with the exception of T9 input being the default on some menus) and I think I dropped maybe 6 calls total with the phone. Not too shabby. If you're thinking of buying a different phone, I would wait till the Samsung A310 comes out.

4. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Lacey, I'm amazed that you found the Sanyo 4900's reception to be bad... Everyone else on the board says that in fact it is far superior to the a500, to say the least and is possibly the best phone Sprint has ever released as far as reception goes. Numerous people have stated that with a Samsung they get no signal in their house and get 3 bars and perfectly clear calls in the very same spot with the 4900. Larry, the resident Sprint geek has owned quite a few Sprint phones and has had nothing but praise for the phone. There's a good chance you're just in a bad Sprint market or got a defective handset?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...