Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Question for MOTOhooligan

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by weldor, Nov 17, 2005.

1. weldor

weldor Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have been checking out the Nokia 6355i that booth WW and Alltel sell. I am still with WW so far. What I am trying to figure out is With Alltel thay show it as web compatible and I have had that confirmed by several on the Alltel boards. But WW doesn't show it as being web compatible. They booth use the same number designation.

I would like to get the phone whill I still can through WW, but if I can't use it for wireless web I don't want it. I thought mabe you would know.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Currently the Nokia 6255i is not web capable but will be with the launch of WAP 2.0. Also, once WWC customers are fully integrated into Alltel's billing system, you will probably be able to re-flash your phone with Alltel's firmware to be able to utilize the wireless web. Basically, you can't use a WWC 6255i for web access right now but you will be able to in the near future. Hope that helps!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. weldor

weldor Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Thanks a bunch that was what I was afraid of.

Another question, if I were to get an Alltel 6255i off of e-bay would it work on WW. then I would be ready when the change takes place.

#3 weldor, Nov 17, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, AFAIK. You would need to be on a Freedom plan with PRL 11054 flashed into your phone but yes, an Alltel 6255i would work. You'd need the SPC, though, because we're not fully integrated yet so a CellularONE/WWC rep isn't going to have access to an Alltel SPC... if Alltel even uses SPCs. I don't know if they do or not.:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. weldor

weldor Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    To go back aways about a month ago I did a 228 prl update we talked about it.
    Well I still am running the 11054 prl on my 8600 on the WW West of the Misssippi plan. We went on a little jaunt a couple of weeks ago and I did some testing. On US 71 South from Nevada when I started to show roam, can't rember exactly where I got Verizion then a little further south I picked up alltel, then what got strange around Cassville still with a blinking roaming indicator I got welcome to Cellular One, which is who I have service with, this happened on through to Springfield and in and around Springfield. When on the old prl I allways roamed on Sprint in and around Springfield.

The real surprise came from Collins to Eldorado Spg. I could pick up a signal most of the way except for a few of the real low lying areas whereas I had allways been no service in that area, also checked 611 and got the welcome to Cell One with roaming on. When I got right to the edge of Eldorado it lost signal for a second, then picked up the Cell One tower in town and was good the rest of the trip home without roaming indicator.

Just thought I would post that info so mabe someone could figure it out.

Thanks again.

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    :lmao: Yeah, I remember that thread but I couldn't remember which PRL you ended up with... with three to choose from, how can you blame me?:D

7. weldor

weldor Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Not blaming just tickled with the way it is working.

Still don't know what to do on the uprading wheather to go ahead and and go it with WW or wait a while (who knows how long) and go with Alltel. My wifes phone is starting to shoot craps so may not be able to wait too long, if you know what I mean.