Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Question: Any use for 1XRTT FOR PREPAID?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by aznmp3, Jul 28, 2002.

1. aznmp3

aznmp3 Junior Member

IS there any real use for 1xRTT in prepaid? IS it a better idea to get a CDMA Phone w/o this feature or with it? And what is the main purpose of it. All I know is that it is a precursor to 3g networks with data and voice and increasing spectrum frequency thing. Does these benefits also apply to prepaid services or no? Thank You

2. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well it will increase battery life and make voice sound better, so go ahead and get a 1x ready phone for FREEUP (I suppose that's what service you will get since you mention the LG)

3. aznmp3

aznmp3 Junior Member

Hehe... Future owner [​IMG] Still thinking about it.... the crying face icon was depressing as hell [​IMG] Anyways [​IMG] Where is 1xrtt being used right now in the U.S. I'm in the New York City Metro Area market [​IMG] Im guessing its in use around here?

4. markv83

markv83 Member

I think Verizon has 3G up and running in certain areas although I am not sure if New York is one of them. I know when Sprint launches 3G is will be nationwide, unlike Verizon.
    Mark

5. DCman

DCman New Member

Recently I've asked Verizon about it. They are going to offer 3G Express Network for FreeUP service end of this year. Hope it will be so.

6. aznmp3

aznmp3 Junior Member

To tell you the truth, is there any real reason to surf on the internet via 1xrtt on freeup if its prepaid? I mean its very expensive to go online w/ the freeup. Can I ask for any opinions on the lg vx1? Since this phone might probably suit my needs when 1xrtt comes on

7. aznmp3

aznmp3 Junior Member

OH yea [​IMG] forgot to thank cman for actually calling/asking em Verizon representatives hehe [​IMG]

8. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Get the 510 for now and then you can upgrade later

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...