Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Question about Transfer of Liability with no phone

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by modenaf1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. modenaf1

modenaf1 New Member

My Phone:
    HTC TP Winmo 6.5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint Sero
    I am looking to take over a Sprint SERO 500 plan from someone through a TOL. I do not have a Sprint phone at the moment though, so is it possible to have Sprint just transfer someone else's SERO plan over to my account but not link it to my phone? It would probably only be phoneless for a few days to a week 'till I got a phone.

Just wondering if it could be done. Thanks!

2. TnA2xXtReM

TnA2xXtReM Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro 1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, T-Mobile (Previous: Cingular/AT&T)
    I was told by Sprint that it is possible, but they will put you on a basic plan until you get yourself a phone to activate. That is, to me, a naughty situation as for Sprint may make up some excuses for not letting you have the SERO plan upon phone activation. Well, this is told by one representative.. anyone else know more about this?

3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I wouldn't do it until you have a phone to activate..even if it is a stupid $10 junk phone you find on craigslist. All plans must have a phone (ESN) attached to them, even if it is a dummy ESN. It's not possible to have a "phone-less" account.

4. modenaf1

modenaf1 New Member

My Phone:
    HTC TP Winmo 6.5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint Sero
    Awesome, thanks for the info guys.