Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Question about T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by warriorfootball9, Jul 10, 2004.

1. warriorfootball9

warriorfootball9 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Currently I have T-Mobile. I am out of contract right now. I live in Streetsboro/Ohio. 44241. I probly going to either switch to Cingular or Attws soon. I do not know witch to go with because hopefully they are supposed to be merging together. But have excellent coverage here. But when they merger wont one of the towers be taken down? The reason I'am switch is because T-Mobile it is not the best here. If you go to the next town over (mantua/crestwood) you can not pick up a signal. Both Attws and Cingular have service in this area and T-Mobile will not roam on their networks.(Mantua). I herd that people with Cingular service and Attws service can access each others towers. Like a cingular phone can roam onto a attws tower and a Attws phone can roam onto a Cingular tower. Is this true? I know that T-Mobile does this is some other parts of the country.

2. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

get the one w/ the most minutes for the same price.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    Get familiar with the "Network selection" menu, and look for ATTWS (US-38 or 310-380) and Cingular (US-41 or 310-410) in the places you'd want to have service. Also, while you are still a T-Mobile customer, get your phone's unlock code from Customer Service. After your phone is unlocked, you'd be able to use it with your new SIM for ATTWS or Cingular. By bringing your own phone to Cingular service, you would not have to accept an equipment contract, and just be month to month.

I'd expect the post-purchase Cingular (with ATTWS) to keep both sets of sites. Only at overlapping, side-by-side sites, would I expect one site to be dropped--but the radios should be moved to the superior single site to keep up capacity.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Like Jones said....go with the best plan with the best minutes for the best price. Soon, it won't matter......when the merger goes through they will come up with new plans, probably for an even better price. You can then either upgrade or downgrade plans. Either way, you will benefit. :)

5. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    I think both AT&T and Cingular plans are the same except for Cingular has Roll Over. Where your unused minutes Roll Over. LOL. I'm personally waiting for the merge to come through. Cingular has cheaper phones, and again Roll Over. :D

6. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Thanks for the input. We have three phones that are on a T-Mobile family plan. The phones Sony Ericsson T300. These phones are really bad. You cant hear very well with them. The reception is pretty bad. I know when I switch I want to get new phones. In the network selection menu what does US-41 or US-??? mean? Because in some areas it says cingular and Attws and in others it has those codes. I know they mean either Attws or Cingular. Lets say if today I switch to Cingular, will I be able to get access to attws towers? What does Cingular Extended mean?

7. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Which phone should I chose because most of the phones I want from Cingular have gotten very bad reviews on Phonescoop.com

8. Shizam76

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Yes you will get access to AT&T towers....in most areas. Some it is barred, according to roamer1.....like in Atlanta.

Cingular Extend means you are roaming on another carriers tower. Just dial 611 to see who it is.

9. Shizam76

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I have a GAIT phone Nokia 6340i.....works fine for me.

It really depends on what you want.....color screen, etc. I haven't had any of these GSM only phones so I'm not sure about them.

My boss had a Samsung X427 with Cingular and it did strange things...like wouldn't ring....voicemail notification would go off hours later....stuff like that.

10. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    I was looking at getting one of Cingulars LG phones. When I looked at both Attws and Cingular coverage maps look pretty much the same.

11. Etorres777

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    I think he got a defective Samy. I have the X426 (no difference at all) and it works perfectly fine even though i've dropped it a few times :eek:

12. Etorres777

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    LG's are new to GSM I believe. You can try them, but if not, you can return them in the given time for the trial. The best brand of phones for good reception, are Nokia, in my opinion. Good luck! :D

13. JR1

JR1 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson T306
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    I like Cingular. I've been with them since they started in my area. Since they are acquiring with ATT you can use most of the ATT towers as well. Also they do have the roll over. Get a GSM nation or GSM nation + plan. You can use them just about everywhere.

14. Shizam76

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Really? You like your Nokia better than your Samy?

The only phone(s) I've had were Nokia's, so I'm biased towards them. They've always worked good for me :)

15. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Is there in anyone in the cleveland/akron area who has Cingular but can get access the ATTWS network.

16. Etorres777

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    I do, their reception is sensational, I only have the samy because it's a flip. But, NOKIA FINALLY MADE A FLIP PHONE AND FOR GSM! I'm going to be the first to get it no matter what!

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=580

Check it out, and like someone said, it doesn't have the external caller id, but I can live without it, i have so far. :browani:

17. Shizam76

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I don't like it...I like the rounded edges better then the squared off edges. Plus...I like the external caller ID screens. Eddie...on your samy, can you set it to NOT pick up when you open the flip? I know most automatically pick up the call when you open the flip...I don't like that. It doesn't give you the chance to hit "Silence" and "Decline" :O