Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Question about switching phones

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by GCUAngel, Jul 9, 2008.

1. GCUAngel

GCUAngel New Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro 755p
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hi everyone! I had a question about my Sprint service. I am currently on the SERO plan (love it) and I recently got a Palm Centro 755p for my birthday. I normally use my Katana DLX but I'm thinking about activating the Centro to see how it is and see if I like it. If I do, is it possible to bounce back and forth between the two phones? I travel a lot so I figure I could use the Centro when I'm not at home and then switch back to the Katana when I get back. Is that possible or would I rack up some weird fees or something for switching so much.

thanks bunches!
    :D

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    You should have no problem swapping between the devices, though there have been rumors that smartphones will not be allowed on SERO plans after Jul 12...so you might need to keep the Centro activated at all times (make a permanent switch).

You can swap phones online once you have logged into your account at sprint.com

3. GCUAngel

GCUAngel New Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro 755p
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hmm... I don't want to activate the Centro (awesome-looking as it is) and be stuck with it if I don't like it. I'll wait until after the 12th and see if the smartphones are banned from the SERO accounts. Nice to know that if they aren't then I can switch all I want. Thanks!!!!

Oh, do you think someone will post here on/after the 12th and say whether or not the rumor is true?

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that someone will post here. You might want to check the topic about it a few posts down in this forum.

I think the question is whether or not the rule will apply to new accounts or whether all accounts will be affected.

Either way, you wouldn't be stuck with the Centro. You could always switch back to the DLX...the real question would be whether or not you could go back to the Centro or not....so you are safe in that sense!