Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CENTRAL U.S. -- Question about new prepaid smartphone plan and existing

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Muggerfugger, May 1, 2012.

1. Muggerfugger

Muggerfugger New Member

I've had a Verizon contract for 4 years that I no longer wish to continue.

So now that's done I've been looking at their prepaid plans and a few days ago I bought the Droid x2 and subscribed to their $64 prepaid plan and $30 unlimited data.

So I got the phone. Love it and everything works perfect and just as good as my contract without the 2 year commitment.

However today Verizon scrapped that plan and replaced it with a $80 unlimited calls, texted but with only 1gb data.

Also that plan can only be used on one phone that they have on the site.

So what I'm wondering is will this plan replace my current prepaid plan or will I be able to keep it? Unlimited calls does sound good, but my unlimited data sounds betteer.

Or will I be able to keep my current plan?

Does anyone know?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    On Verizon prepaid, you can continue using your plan as normal until you lose your number or change your plan.

Unless Verizon sends notice that your plan is being changed, I would keep the unlimited data as well if you don't care about calls...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Muggerfugger

Muggerfugger New Member

Thanks, that's what I figured, plus that new plan can only be used on that particular phone.

Glad I got mine when I did. Yeah I pay like $15 more but unlimited data is worth it.

1gb doesn't even seem worth it. They say toy can stream music and songs with that lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    1Gb of data is quite a lot. In the first month I had my phone, I used a little more than 250Mb and so far this month (with one week to go) have used less than 200Mb.

Verizon is running a special, if an $80 smartphone prepaid plan card is purchased, you get 2Gb of data instead of 1Gb. I believe the 2Gb data takes effect at the beginning of the first month after the card is added, so I believe once the new month starts next week, it will show a 2Gb "limit" instead of 1Gb for that month. I think the offer expires sometime in January and began around Thanksgiving.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...