Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

QUALCOMM and LG Electronics Announce Plans to Develop BREWChat(TM)-Enabled Handsets

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by DandyDon, Mar 30, 2004.

1. DandyDon

DandyDon Senior Member

My Phone:
    i95cl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel
    SAN DIEGO, March 30 -- QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), pioneer and world leader of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital wireless technology, and LG Electronics (LGE), today announced plans to develop new handsets to support QUALCOMM's BREWChat push-to-chat solution. BREWChat enables one-to-one and one-to-many communication between subscribers at the push of a button and was designed to seamlessly upgrade to and interoperate with QChat(R). LG Electronics plans to make a variety of push-to-chat enabled handsets available to operators in different regions around the world.

BREWChat is the first commercially available version of QUALCOMM's push-to-chat solution. BREWChat carries the same features of its root technology, QUALCOMM's QChat solution, but was specifically designed for CDMA2000(R) 1X Release 0 networks. BREWChat enables operators to leverage their CDMA and BREW investments without having to upgrade their networks. BREWChat offers exceptional call set-up performance and bandwidth savings to operators. Trials have been conducted and are currently planned around the world. QChat, which will be commercially available on CDMA2000 1X Rev. A networks, offers faster performance capabilities.

WirelessDevNet.com

2. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yay more royalties for Qualcomm heh. Ugh, I hate PTT...