Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Puyallup, WA -- Help!

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by WillyA, Jul 22, 2002.

1. WillyA

WillyA New Member

I live in the hilly and tall-trees South Hill section of Puyallup (Tacoma suburb). I have a new Sprint Samsung phone that I love and an excellent corporate service plan. Unfortunately, I can't connect at home. Neither can my daughter with her Voice Stream service. So, I'm wondering if it's worth my effort to try other services ..... or if I'd do better just to stick with Sprint and perhaps invest in an external antenna for home. Thoughts from anyone familiar with this area??? Thanks!

2. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi WillyA, Sorry to here your have trouble with Sprint. Unfortunately they are still building out their network in that state and It will take along time to get caught up. Verizon & Nextel have had a head start and were able to get towers in some very Tough towns.
    I use to live in Covington and travel to Federal Way all the time, and i'm also very familiar with Puyallup. The two best in that immediate area are Verizon and Nextel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WillyA

WillyA New Member

Thanks, Rich. I'll check Nextel and Verizon out!

4. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Glad I could help[​IMG]
    If you would like some further assistance in finding the best deal, and choosing the right plan...???
    Just let me know...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WillyA

WillyA New Member

I just studied the Verizon and Nextel sites. Nextel seems expensive and doesn't have a large selction of phones. Verizon seems appealing; I'll check them out tomorrow. Actually, before I cancel my Sprint contract (still way under 14 days), I think I'll sign up with Verizon. If the Verizon phone doesn't work at my house, then I'll just stay with Sprint. I also travel alot, and I understand Sprint has the best nationwide coverage.

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Verizon has the best nationwide coverage.