Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Push 3 To Leave A Message

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by elgwhoppo, Oct 13, 2006.

1. elgwhoppo

elgwhoppo New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    You always know when someone has Alltel or T-Mobile, because of the "Push 3 to leave a message".

What in the world?

Anybody who's anybody skips right through the greetings, because they have more important things to be doing.

Why has alltel not conformed to the universal standard of push 1? Everybody knows it. Everybody loves it. It's just voicemail, can't we all just get along and set a standard?

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Don't know...I've thought the same thing....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Nokia6010/1.0 (8.62) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

I can't stand alltel's voicemail system! It's just like MetroPCS' system. It's a pain ... I would like numeric paging. Also, when i call the box, i get interrupted while i'm leaving a message 30 seconds in. I have disabled the voicemail as a result. T-Mobile's box is great ... I guess that it's area dependent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 QLR, Oct 13, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  4. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    some markets have numeric paging. it just depends on where you are. some areas have the "1" option as well. It just depends on what kind of voice mail platform is used in that area. some of these platoforms came from centrytel and sprint 360.

5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Nokia6010/1.0 (8.62) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Oh ok... I just realized that alltel isn't the only one with different platforms... Verizon also uses different setups. I have 2 lines on the same account with 2 different, nonlocal numbers and the boxes aren't the same.
    On a slightly different note... When will Alltel stop charging airtime 4 voicemail deposits on the prepaid service? I'm glad that I know about *780.

#5 QLR, Oct 14, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  6. elgwhoppo

elgwhoppo New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    That's weird, I didn't know that voicemail options were area specific. I mean I could have figured it, but I would also have assumed that they have nationwide standards for voicemail boxes. By the way, what functionality is *780? Does that get you free voicemail checks? I hate using my minutes for that, especially when the people that leave the VMs are in my circle...

7. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    *780 disables the voicemail; I have Alltel U and minutes are deducted for voicemail deposits:eek: There is no such thing as a free lunch, so I decided against lunch :D

8. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    They are area specific since they are different systems made by different companies. Kinda like a chevy or a ford. Both will get you where you are going, but some of the buttons may be in different spots and some of the options may be different

9. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm surprised the carriers haven't integrated their systems, but then again nothing really surprises me anymore. I would figure though that a bunch of the same setup would be easier to support than 3 or 4 different software systems.

10. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    easier to explain to a customer but very costly!! i know when we added one to an area that outgrew the previous one the cost for the VM system was 850,000 and that was the lowest bidder!!!

11. GREGHARKINS

GREGHARKINS New Member

im in wv and i have press 1