Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Purpose of this Hunting Club?

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by WiFreeGuy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. WiFreeGuy

WiFreeGuy New Member

HI Folks,

I'm a newb here.
    My very first post at this site.

Can someone please tell me the purpose of this Hunting Club/posting pics of cell towers etc.?
    Most cell towers look the same to me (OK slight variations here and there if they want to camouflage them).

How many different types of cell towers are there?
    Do they look appealing to some people?

2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    Purpose:
    The purpose for the Gallery of Cell Sites is so that people can post their pictures of cell sites, other people can view them and discuss them.

It is really only as simple as that.

How many different types of cell towers are there?
    You only have to look in our gallery of 6000+ cell sites to see that very few are alike. Like any subject the more knowledge you have about it, the more you will see. We have many members who are very knowledgeable about cell site technologies and they help other members figure out what is going on with their local towers.

I don't know...beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Welcome to the forums!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sis651

sis651 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Turkcell
    Sure, cell phone and cell site geeks really like them. They may be even romantic. :)

4. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    I just find them interesting, for whatever reason. These things are everywhere, right in the view of everyone, but most people never even notice them (except for those who fight them tooth and nail because they don't understand them)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Der84

Der84 EH!

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers (2007-2011) Bell (2011-present)
    I don't know about romantic, but I definitely find the different designs interesting, even the really ugly ones.
    I also find it interesting as to where they are placed and how far apart they are from each other, (ie. the distance between one Rogers tower to another Rogers tower).
    Also, as to how far they can send a signal.