Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

PSC tells Verizon to issue refunds

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by jones, Apr 11, 2007.

1. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

PSC tells Verizon to issue refunds
    Orlando Business Journal - 11:54 AM EDT Wednesday, April 11, 2007
    The Florida Public Service Commission has ordered Verizon Wireless to refund about $63,000 to its customers.

The PSC determined, through a service quality inspection, that Verizon did not issue rebates to thousands of qualified customers between June 1, 2005, and Feb. 7, 2007.

The PSC's inspection revealed that Verizon did not automatically issue rebates to customers who endured more than 24 hours of interrupted service. Verizon's investigation determined the problem was due to programming and human errors.

Verizon has corrected three software errors and retrained its employees. The PSC has approved Verizon's refund proposal. The company will begin issuing credits in the April billing cycle and expects to complete the refunds in six months.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/othercities/jacksonville/stories/2007/04/09/daily7.html?b=1176091200^1444959

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2007/04/09/daily24.html?jst=b_ln_hl

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    That really sucks that some people didn't get their rebates.

A few years ago I didn't receive a rebate... I was furious with VZW. After hours on the hold with CS, they were never able to resolve the issue. I just gave up.