Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Providers near UC Davis

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Bluetorch, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Bluetorch

Bluetorch New Member

I'm currently on AT&T here in the Berkeley area, and it has been fantastic ever since I signed on with them. I'm wondering how the service is in the Davis area however. My sister will start college soon, and she is planning to get a cell phone. Any input?

Also, I have great service everywhere except my apartment!! I don't know what the problem is, but have any of you had this problem before? It's quite a pain since I have to go outside everytime someone calls me.

Thanks ahead for your advice.

2. CaliphoniaBoy

CaliphoniaBoy Senior Member

how can the service be "fantastic" if it does not work in your appartment???

Anyway, I am also in Berkeley with Cingular and it does not work inside either.

Sorry, no advice for Davis. Just give her your phone to check things out for a weekend (esp. the appartment) and then let her decide...

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I have used my ATT phone in that area and it works. I have been "around" the campus area but never actually on it.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think Berekely is just a bad area for wireless service. Last year the city enacted a year long moratorium that banned any new antennas. I'm not sure what the status of this is now.

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The Sacramento/Davis/Citrus Heights area seems to be a strong point for AT&T. I have a friend that lives in that area and travels around there and he has been very happy with his AT&T phone coverage wise. I believe AT&T won a award from JD powers in 2001 for Sacramento and it has a high rating on epinions.com for that area also.

Northern California from what I have heard seems to be a very strong market for AT&T.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in Davis. AT&T service is great on-campus and downtown but very poor in west Davis. Whether AT&T will work depends on where in Davis your sister plans to live.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

i live in davis and tried cingular and att. on campus and even in west davis, cingular gets pretty good reception. full bar in west saratoga west apts. (second floor). no reception in buildings. as for att, there is almost no reception in west davis but reception inside campus buildings is adequate.

let me know how it works out b/c i' m returning in the fall... eklok@eudoramail.com
    i have verizon right now

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I had Cingular in Davis for 2 years and the service I had was always pretty poor. Both apartments I lived in I couldn't get good service, and I rarely ever had full signal strength no matter where I was in town. The last apartment I lived in I constantly had 1 bar of signal, and my phone usually gets good reception. Here in san diego I always have full signal strength.

9. sunsun

sunsun Junior Member

Yeap that is true
    I live near the U-mall and Cingular has almost no service at all
    even though they have a Cingular store there. (How stupid are they)
    AT&T works good early this year when i switched in jan.
    but now it's just dropping calls inside my apt at wake forest
    i need to go out and make that call to make sure it won't drop me again.
    Verizon seems to do better than At&T, but not much difference.

so, good luck to all who stills on the search for providers.

10. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Great move on cingulars part (insert sarcasm)

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...