Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Providers in Princeton,NJ

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm looking for a good cellfone provider in Princeton.The phone shall be my primary phone and I make tons of long distance calls,so I would prefer a comparison between the providers offering unlimited nights & weekends(ATT,Verizon). I don't care about roaming[​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. jason

jason Member

I'd stay away from ATT if you are in Princeton proper - if you are in Lawrenceville or West Windsor, you'll be fine with them - but I've found their service by the college to be pretty poor.

jason

3. Fullstrength

Fullstrength Junior Member

Consider Cingular, if you are in West Windsor, Princeton area i always have service, even in Kingston, where cellular is terrible. I live 4 miles from Princeton, and had ATT, there coverage is not good at all, Cingular is great, and Verizon is pretty good. I have no idea about VoiceStream. If you are using it exclusively at Princeton U, Nassau st, coverage is usually 5 bars all the time.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks!
    I will be using this almost exclusively in and around the University.Like I said before,I really like the unlimited nights & weekends,so maybe I'll go with Verizon.

5. GradStudent

GradStudent New Member

Hello,

Great site.

After an exhaustive search of carriers, I found verizon to have the best coverage around Princeton. However, I was swayed by Cingular's promise that they had built a new tower a few blocks from my house, and so would soon offer the best coverage.

several months later... they still have not turned on the tower, and I never get more than 3 bars. Often I get disconnected during use.

The boys at Cingular seem to have no idea ( or they do, but won't share it ) as to why the tower has not been turned on.

Anyone here know?

6. Fullstrength

Fullstrength Junior Member

Knowing Princeton and their SuperNIMBY behavior, It may be a thousands years. Princeton wants 100% coverage, but everytime a provider wants to add a tower, it takes forever to get it going. I know the tower near the hospital is delayed.

7. GradStudent

GradStudent New Member

yup,

that's the tower I've been waiting for.
    If it's already built, what are complaining about?