Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Protecting your screen

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by esame, Mar 6, 2007.

1. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    Hi Guys, I am a newbie here and I just got a brand new O2 XDA Stealth. It cost me a bundle but it's worth every penny. I previously owned the O2 Atom Exec and I can say that O2 has really outdone themselves again. The color display is really top notch, when in touch screen mode the handwriting recognition is superb, I usually end up writing a whole email using this method, because of this, I am worried that I might scratch the screen with my stylus, so I'm thinking of buying a high quality screen protector. Any recommendations?

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you google pda screen protectors you'll find a sleu of sites that sell specifically for your device (cut to fit your specific screen) all are pretty much the same, just clear pvc that comes with an adhesive glue and something to clean your screen with. I recommend them, but I must advise, it feels different writting on the film, you'll probably go through styli faster than normal. Still worth it though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  4. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    Anyone ever heard about Expert Shield screen protectors? I've found their website on the internet and browse through it. They carry quite a lot of screen protectors even some for GPS device. I have decided to try their product out and ordered one for my O2 XDA Stealth. I have also ordered one from Martin Fields for my sister's P990i as well to have a comparison. Will keep post about the comparison. Oh by the way, anyone interested in can go into www.expertshield.com to see for yourself. Cheers.

5. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    Hi there again, I have applied both Expert Shield's screen protector to my O2 XDA Stealth and Martin Fields' to my sister's phone. Here is what I come up with

Expert Shield

PROS
    1) Scratch resistant, very durable
    2) Washable and reusable with tap water
    3) High transparency and surface is smooth
    4) Package comes with cleaning cloth and sticky tape
    5) Almost no screen glare
    6) Perfect fit

CONS
    1) A tad confuse at the installation instruction

Martin Fields

PROS
    1) Scratch resitant, very durable
    2) Washable and reusable with tap water
    3) Screen is VERY bright
    4) Surface is smooth and data input is easy and natural

CONS
    1) No included tools for applying/removing the protector
    2) A tad annoyed with the screen's glare when I took my P990i outdoors

Conclusion

Both Expert Shield and Martin Fields certainly risen to the occasion. After applying both protector and using it I found almost no difference between them except that Expert Shield's screen protector has a slight edge over Martin Fields' because of the screen's glare and it comes bundle with sticky tape to remove the screen protector if needs be.

That's all for now. Hope this helps.

6. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    Hey there!! I've found a website call www.expertshield.com.sg, i think it's expertshield.com sister website, anyway, there is a video showing how to properly put on the screen protector, I think this is especially useful for those who are new to this. Hope this helps.

Cheers

7. Ellen

Ellen Guest

I buy all my screen protectors for my phones at radio shack for $4.99. There is usually enough in one package to cover 3 phones. When applied correctly they come out looking like the manufacture screen cover that was on the phone when I bought it.

8. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    Mobile Princess: 5 bucks for 3 screen protectors? Are they any good? What of the glare reduction? I might buy from them the next time if they are as good as the ones from Martin Fields or Expert Shield

9. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No glare reduction, I used them myself, and not great for PDA's as they are thick so it makes it harder to use the touchscreen. They also feel tacky (doesn't allow the stylus to "glide") and you have to manually cut them to size, hey you get what you pay for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Ellen

Ellen Guest

The ones that I bought are made by "Targus" . And although they are sold for digital/video camera's, they can be cut to fit Cell phone screens as well. I had one on the RIZR that I just returned and it looked petty good, but if you looked closely, you could tell that there was a film on it.

11. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    There is that, you get what you pay for, what more can you expect from a 3 for 5 bucks screen protectors.

Thanks for the info nkrypted1:) , I was planning to get a PDA phone for myself when I have the money, so I guess I won't be getting the 3 for 5 ones.

12. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Well quite frankly esame I find that the $5 ones do the exact same thing as the higher priced ones that are out there, and if I didn't point out the slight film on the screens that I get, no one would be able to tell that I even have a screen cover on my phones!

13. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    Are they meant for PDAs as well princess? I heard that some of the cheaper ones got scratched by the stylus.

14. Ellen

Ellen Guest

You must have heard wrong then because I know a few of the doctors who I work with that use them and don't have any scratches at all on theirs.

15. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Indeed, that typically comes with touch-screen PDAs :D

16. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Cute!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. esame

esame New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson W880i
    I don't mean to say that Targus' screen protector aren't scratch proof, I just want to make sure that they are. When I said some of the other brands, I meant to say screen protector which is made in China and quite a lot of them claimed their screen protectors to be scratch proof but in fact they are not. Anyway, it's good to know that I have another option for screen protectors now.