Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Project Fi

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by palandri, Sep 12, 2016.

1. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    Here's how Project Fi has worked out for us so far in France

In and around the Paris CDG airport we had LTE the whole time.

In Bordeaux we had 3G and 3G+ the whole time.

In Nice, we have had 3G+ the whole time

Google Duo, which is Googles version of Apples Facetime, has worked flawlessly in Paris, Bordeaux and Nice.

Now here is something odd, when you are connected to wifi, it automatically uses wifi for making calls and adds the wifi label after your name. For instance, if we call anyone while on wifi, the person will get, "John Doe from www.wifi.com"

charlyee and viewfly like this.
  2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    Here's additional information on Project Fi while we were in France.

While we were on a train going from France to Italy, as soon as we hit Monaco we both got a text message from Project Fi that said they don't have a telecom agreement with Monaco yet.

When we got to Italy a text message came up from Project Fi that said welcome Italy and we both had 3G+ the whole time in northern Italy.

While in Nice, France my wife lost all connectivity. I tried rebooting the phone and that didn't fix it. I open Project Fi on her phone and a message came up saying she had lost connectivity and to call Project Fi as soon as she was connected to wifi. When we called Project Fi, it took less than a minute to be connected to a technician.

Here's what the technician had us do to fix the problem. You go to Setting>More> Cellular Networks. Four cellular networks came up, as soon as I selected the first one (Orange) her connectivity came back and her phone was on Orange LTE.

Here's something odd that happened while we were in Nice, France. We were always out and about all day, from 7am to 10pm. When we were in our rental on wifi I received three call that came up something like call from 167.30.91.2 on www.wifi.com. When I answered the calls, it was someone looking for a business or a person. They all spoke French. It was just odd.

charlyee likes this.
  3. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I got my latest monthly Project Fi billing which includes 2 weeks in France $29.57 :cool:

KevinJames and charlyee like this.
  4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @palandri: You Rock! Dang, I'm jealous. If I had only been born 30 years ago (instead of 65), I'd have so much more time to enjoy technology.

upload_2016-10-10_10-56-17.png

palandri likes this.