Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Problems with Verizon Call Forwarding

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by tkline98, Jul 6, 2003.

1. tkline98

tkline98 New Member

This past Saturday, I had my phone forwarded to my wife's cell phone, as mine was off and charging. A few hours later, I used *73 to cancel the forwarding. I then made/received calls on my phone.

The next day, I had two calls go to her voicemail (her phone was off), and my phone never rang. I again did #73 just for good measure, and it was fine (I received calls ok.)

Now, I am traveling in Houston (home is CT), and I didn't get any calls in nor text messages. When someone would call me, it went to my wife's voicemail! (She turns her phone off when she's home.)

I called customer serivce, and she had me cancel the forwarding again, and tried calling me. It went right to my voicemail that time. At least that worked now. Then she had me dial *18, and I got "Welcome to Verizon..." She said that registered my phone on the local network (activating call delivery??)

Has anyone ever had problems with the forwarding reverting back to a previous setting hours later?

I thought that the system now automatically delivered your calls when you are in a new location. I remember having to do call delivery 8 years ago, but I didn't think it was still necessary.

Thanks!
    Tom

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Try one of these *730, *720 or *710.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...