Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WEST U.S. -- Problems with LG Venus (VX8800)

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by carb368, Sep 3, 2009.

1. carb368

carb368 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Venus (VX8800)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Not long after I got my phone (1.5 years ago), I would occasionally lose volume control. I did not have any inbound volume control (my phone ringing); I could not hear the other person's phone ringing; nor could I hear them talking when they answered it. After several months, it started happening more often. And it didn't matter if I was in Bend, OR or Freson, CA or on my way to work in Southern California. Only solution provided to me was to remove the battery for several seconds, reinstall it and do a *228 after it came up. After doing it six times in 10 days earlier this year, I traded it in under my insurance plan and got another Venus (remanufactured). It worked fine for 3 weeks. Then I made a business trip to Baltimore, MD. Oops. It did it again. Only solution offered still was to remove the battery routine. Last week, I was taking a road trip. I was over 200 miles from home and the volume quit. Only this time, removing the battery didn't solve it. Lost the use of my phone for almost 2 hours before it came back. A Verizon Store person in Cedar City, UT tried to tell me I had the volume turned down. Only problem was, at almost the exact same time, my daughter back in Southern California suffered the same fate. Her phone is not an LG Venus.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has Verizon offered you a solution other than removing/reinstalling the battery?

2. Sailorcancer

Sailorcancer Member

My Phone:
    Moto Z XT1650-03
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I've never heard or had this problem with a vzw phone.

I would see if you could get a replacement of a different phone instead of the Venus. The battery trick is not a permanent solution by any means and your phone for the most part does not work. There is no reason why you should have to spend time doing what you are doing.

You said your daughter had the same problem. Is her phone also an LG?

I would try to get a different phone model from the insurance. You should be able to get a list of phones that are acceptable as replacements for the Venus.

Since you have had your phone for 1.5 years you should be coming up on your 2 year renewal. I believe you can get a new phone @ the 2 year price with vzw 3 months before your 2 year. You MIGHT be able to get it a little early. But that is a big maybe.

3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

You become eligible for new device and new CSA 120 days prior to the CSA expiration. So that's four months. There is also an annual upgrade program, but the requirements are much stiffer.