Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Problem with Verizon Voicemail

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by CoreyTheGent, Oct 22, 2002.

1. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    It seems that when I get Voicemails, the little message waiting indicator no longer is popping up. I checked it for fun last night and found I had 20 unheard messages. Is anybody else on Verizon getting this?

2. Venedotia

Venedotia New Member

1.) Are you roaming?

2.) When was the last time you turned your phone all the way off and turned it back on?

3.) Are you in analog or digital mode?

4.) Is your system select set on the correct system select?

5.) Have you left yourself a test message?

6.) Have you been traveling to different areas, not necessarly roaming but going to another town?

These are the basic trouble shooting question I ask my customers who call in with this concern.

1.) If you are roaming off another network, you will more than likely not get the voicemail notification. The compatibility of the VZW voicemail may not be comaptiable with the network you are on.
    2.) When roaming or doing your daily travels you jump from cell site to cell site. Turning your phone off and on will notify the switch of your location.
    3.) Some analog areas do not have the capability to transmit a message waiting indicator.
    4.) See #1.
    5.) That is basically like a self test I recommend doing after turning the phone then back on.
    6.) See #1 & #2.

If this does not help, please call customer service/technical support. Customer service closes @ 11, emergency technical support is open 24/7.

Take care and good luck,
    Vene

3. sahmad88

sahmad88 Junior Member

I had the same experience after I got a replacement phone. For some reason, on the verizon end of things, my voicemail notification got turned off when I switched phones. There is an option when you check your voicemail to change settings and in there is an option to turn notification on or off. Make sure that is on. Hope this helps. Good luck.

4. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yup. I called Verizon and had it straightened out. Thanks for all your input, though, especially Venedotia. It seems that when I changed plans, that indicator was turned off. Never happened to me before.