Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

problem with texts...

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by BareFootAviary, Jan 17, 2009.

1. BareFootAviary

BareFootAviary New Member

Hi, I have been a Verizon customer for years, on a family plan with my folks and my sis. I needed a new phone, but my plan didn't allow me to get one at a discount or whatever, so I had to buy a used one and transfer everything over. I got a LG VX9900 (the EnV). It is near new, and works great, but lately I have been having problems with texting.

I have a friend in Arizona who is not receiving texts, along with another friend closer in MN. I don't think either of them use Verizon. They can both receive picture texts, but most of my plain texts are not received. I thought maybe it was a tower or whatever, as the weather has been deadly lately up here in northern MN, but no one else seems to have this problem....

I was told to get the sim card cleared or whatever (obviously I am not really knowledgeable about cell phones...) but I was then told that my phone doesn't have a sim card....honestly, I have no idea what a sim card is. I didn't get the manual with this phone, but I downloaded it, just never had to look at it so far.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, or should I just call Verizon?

2. Heavy Fluid

Heavy Fluid Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You need to call Verizon. There are no SIM cards in CDMA phones. What provider are your friends with?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BareFootAviary

I have no idea what providers my friends use...One is a prepaid and the other is AT&T I think but I have no idea really...

I will giver Verizon a call...I was hoping it was a simply fix, hopefully they won't need the phone to be brought in...I live quite a ways from a store...

Thank you for the reply!

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    my friendhad this problem on her T-Mobilw phone texting an AT&T customer........they used to be able to text fine but one day she could no longer text him......he could text her but not the other way around

we were in the mall and she had already called CS and talked to tech support and they said they couldnt do anything but this guy sais rebroadcasting the LRN helps.....i dont know what LRN is but he said something about the phone's registration in the network and it's programming and it's not recognizing it at some points....regardless of the reason....he said that he had switched from a regular phone to a blackberry and he could no longer text his wife who was on the same plan with him in the same company but once he rebroadcasted the LRN it worked great sometimes doing hardshocks on the phone where both you and your friend at the same time pop out the batteries while the phones are on and it shuts everything off all at the same time so next time you turn the phone back on it does a hard reboot and resets itself in the system........otherwise call and move up the 3 tiers of tech support you call in to CS and explain your problem and what you heard was a good solution and ask for tech support

you'll be transferred to tier 1 which is basic tech support......you say you wanna rebroadcast your LRN.......if they ask why just explain that you're having issues texting certain people.......if they cant do it ask to be moved up to tier 2.....if they cant do it so on aqnd so forth....

but then again i could be completely wrong about this and CDMA might not use LRNs

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  6. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    so an LRN is kind of like a physical address.....like a network adapters MAC address

7. BareFootAviary

Thank you guys! I texted the person with the prepaid phone from a different phone, different network. he didn't receive it. We're thinking it is his phone. He only gets messages with pictures in it, which is just really annoying at this point as I really want to just be able to text him normal plain texts.

I will call CS and talk to tech support though, thank you for the advice!

8. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well that would make sense because MMS goes through a completely different system.....i can imagine there LRNs dont have much to do with anything because with the data it's more like email