Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Problem with Nokia 6280

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by bhupesh100, Jul 8, 2008.

1. bhupesh100

bhupesh100 New Member

just purchased a Nokia 6280 and it was working fine until yesterday when I was downloading some games from PC to phone.

Before transfer took place a message appeared saying that selected files might not fit due to phone memory limitations and asked if I wish to continue.

I clicked "yes" and that's how the problem developed. During the file transfer the connection via USB cable broke and the phone switched itself off.

When attempting to switch the phone back on, power comes on for few seconds and the screen immediately fades away, switching the phone off.

I was suspecting that the problem might be with the phone memory being full and therefore the same might be low to "reboot" the software to start up the phone.

In this respect I have removed the memory card (mini sd 64mb) and the SIM card to free some memory and tried to switch the phone back on.

It worked in such a way that now the phone is on and displays the message "Start up phone without SIM card?” giving you two (2) options:

1. Accept
    2. Reject

When "Accept" is pressed, phone screen fades away and repeats the same few times before switches itself off.

When "Reject" is pressed, phone goes off immediately.

Would you be so kind to advise what if anything can be done to bring the phone back to the normal operation? Any codes and stuff available? Pls?

Any assistance given will be much appreciated.

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Don't know about codes, the only thing that comes to mind is reflashing the phone's firmware.