Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Problem with Nokia 3620

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by firebug, Nov 28, 2004.

1. firebug

firebug New Member

I have a Nokia 3620 that receives calls, sends calls, and text messages with no problems. But I cannot give on internet. I'm on Cingular Wireless using cingular express (GPRS) and have a cingular wireless portal. I've used the settings sent by Cingular. When I go to service and Cingular Wireless bookmark, it starts with the G circling the world, then the G disappears. I do not get the cingular wireless portal menu. When I exit, I get "Quit browsing?". Evidently, I'm not getting through the portal. It appears it's the phone. Any ideas why I cannot get on the internet. I had to unlock the phone from AT&T to Cingular. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. firebug

firebug New Member

4. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Could be that the browser settings are somehow still locked to AT&T. Have you tried getting the 3620 flashed to a generic/OEM (original, non-provider specific) firmware version?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. meanfish

meanfish New Member

I've got the same problem. No problem connecting to internet via other applications (puTTY, Doris browser, etc), so I know my WAP settings are right, but for some reason the browser will not bring up http://device.home/ (Cingular's MEdia Net address). Exact same configuration (Nokia 3620 Unlocked, AT&T Firmware, Cingular SIM). The big problem is that American carriers don't exactly have the best reputation as far as flashing phones to the newest firmware. I'm planning on contacting both Cingular and Nokia customer service to see about flashing to either a Cingular or a generic firmware, but I'm going to be surprised if either gets me anywhere. Then again, this browser issue is the only real problem I'm having, so if I can just get it sorted out, then the firmware would be a moot point.

6. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I see, at least you have the working connection through other browsers. I've never had a browser issue but in my case, the N-Gage has OEM-firmware.

Hope you can get things worked out....