Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Problem with Micro SD Mem Card and Data cable and software HELP!

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by acrobass, Jul 22, 2008.

1. acrobass

acrobass New Member

My Phone:
    LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T/Cingular
    Hi guys well i also have a LG CU500 cell phone and i got a Patriot 1GB Micro SD memory card with adaptors and the Data cord and software for my phone, the memory worked untill i moved my mp3 ringtones to the card from the phone after that when i checked the memory card it said "Card not ready". So i took the card out of the phone put it in the adaptor and put it my computer the card showed up with all the songs on it and they all played on my computer, so i reinserted the card back in my phone and still got the "card not ready" error. so i put back in the adaptor put it back in the computer moved all the songs to a directory on my desktop tryed it again and got the same error so i formated it once in FAT and the second time in FAT32 and tryed after each format with the same error i put the songs back on it and tried it again same error. it wasnt till a few days ago when my nephew was over and i told him about it he took the card out of my phone and waited for a few min reinstalled it and got the same error message so he put it in his phone and it worked so he put it back in my phone and it worked all the songs where on there and they all worked till i tryed to add a song to my card from the computer and it stoppped working again so im not sure what to do about it its STILL not working.i even tryed to clear the memory card from the settings on the phone and it didnt workl PLEASE HELP!!

The Data cord i got for my phone it kinda works and kinda dont work when i plug it in the phone and in the computer it makes that DING DONG saound in the computer but no icons come up on the phone and even though the manual sais i dont need software that the phone should come up in My Computer as a removable drive and all i should have to do is open that drive and pull songs and files over into it and they will be on the phone well it doesnt do that there is NO removable drive that shows up in Mty Computer for the phone as far as the software is concerned i got the driver and sync software installed last nite it was a dl'ed prg from Mobile Action for the LG CU500 phone but it doesnt work it wont even read my phonebook on my phone, the software i got with the cable is just a generic software CD the CD sais USB Data Cable Driver for Win 98se,ME,2000 and XP, im using XP Pro and at the bottom it sais Model: CDD01A164 Including application Software there is NO company logo or name on the disk.. Now the problem with this software is its SUPPOST to be for my phone but there is NO CU500 option on the list. SO i was wondering if i type out the list it has that maybe someone could find out for me if one of these on the list is compatable with the CU500 and would email me and let me know ASAP. heres the options i have its quite long. This CD and Cable came with NO instructions at all and something strange about the cord it sais for LG VX6000 but the tech at AT&T/Cingular told me as long as it fits in the phone it should work and it does fit the phone heres the model numbers... and Thanks ahead of time for any help i can get on thiese problems.. if ANYONE has a solution PLEASE email it to me at acrobass@comcast.net Thanks TJ
    Phone Models on this CD:
    30xx
    52xx
    5310/5300i
    70xx
    71xx
    GC600
    C1400
    6060/8080
    RD2130/RD2230
    G1600
    T5100