Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Problem with Alltel in Austin

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Ogee Whiz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Ogee Whiz

Ogee Whiz New Member

:mad:
    Okay, so all of a sudden this past Friday my son's Alltel phone won't allow him to make or receive calls. He gets a recording that says "Sprint voice yada, yada... account not registered on this network." This has been going on for a day and a half now. He has lived in Austin, TX for 3 years and never had this problem before. Of course, Alltel offices are closed for the weekend.
    I know that Alltel is currently undergoing serious changes to their system, because on Friday I bought a new phone through Alltel and they weren't immediately able to activate it. In fact, they said that it may be Monday 'til it's activated due to system changes that they're undergoing. My understanding is that they're changing billing systems, so this shouldn't affect my son's phone. We currently have 3 phones on our account, plus the one that won't be activated 'til Monday, and my son's phone is the only one having the problem. He lives in Austin and the rest of us are about an hour plus away.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this??
    Thanks!

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

It's simple - he's roaming on a Sprint network that isn't allowing Alltel on for whatever reason. It happens.

As for the change this weekend - Alltel is switching a lot of people over from an older billing platform to the newer one. This of course is a big project meaning lots of downtime. This is just a taste though - there is another conversion wave happening in a couple of months that is HUGE compared to this one, and all told will bring close to 4 million subscribers over from the old system to the new one, streamlining the entire process.

3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    He could force his phone over the verizon if it continues to be a problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...