Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

prepaid service in a no service area??? huh??

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Goatboy, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Goatboy

Goatboy New Member

My Phone:
    none
    ok my mom has a tracfone but i recently discovered that the only service tracfone has in nebraska is around omaha a few hours drive away from where i live. now if i understand correctly then the units on my moms phone when she calls someone should double when being used because of roaming charges. (tracfone uses 2 units a minute when roaming) but it dosent. it dosent say its roaming on the display or anythng...now that popped a question in my head. would that work with the verizon prepaid service. i would like to find out without spending a 100 dollars to be dissappointed....thanks -Goatboy

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
  3. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    Doesn't look like Verizon has native coverage, there. There is a lot of CDMA digital, which is probably Alltel. If so, you are in luck. You could take advantage of Alltel's U-Prepaid. P.S. - If your mother's TracFone was GSM, it would always be 1 unit per minute, even when roaming.