Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- prepaid push to talk phones

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by danielkarluk, May 28, 2008.

1. danielkarluk

danielkarluk Junior Member

what other service providers offer prepaid ptt phones besides boost, sothern linc and "ptel"? i am all about trying out new prepaid phones all the time until i have tried them all.

#1 danielkarluk, May 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I think Boost is probably your best bet.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. danielkarluk

i like boost, but the coverage is poor at my house, i live in a tin mobile home, and if i want good call quality from inside, i am restricted to my nearest cell site wich is 3 miles away, the next closest one is about 5 miles away, i dont mind standing in front of a window to talk, but my wife, it irritates her. the only cell service as far as i know on my close tower is cdma 800 and 1900 mhz. on the farther ones are gsm and iden. i heard sprint has a cdma ptt service availabe, but i cant find a prepaid vendor, i looked at "platinumtel" but they dont have a great website and they dont list what network they are using. when a website isnt comprehensive, i hesitate in doing any business with them, you know?

4. danielkarluk

Wirelessly posted (Kwc-1000: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Google Wireless Transcoder;))

i will probably try platinumtel after i try southernlinc, unless i find another ptt mvno that uses cdma. the only model they offer is sanyo 2400 for around 100 dollars, that is too rich for my blood, seeing as how i will have to buy 2 of them.

5. danielkarluk

Wirelessly posted (Kwc-1000: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Google Wireless Transcoder;))

has anyone found a prepaid push to talk besides boost, southernlinc, and platinumtel? i am checking all my options before i buy.

6. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    There just aren't many PTT options out there. Sorry.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. danielkarluk

yes i know. especially prepaid ptt seems rare. i will have to do some googling. i tried palringo, but i am not in their service area. i wish verizon would offer their ptt with prepaid. i am going to research platinumtel & the sanyo 2400 they offer to see if they are a reputable company.