Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

prepaid phones in philadelphia

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was wondering what the best pre-paid plan providers are out there that any of you have had experience with for the philadelphia area(both for the city and the suburbs - I will be living in King of Prussia area for a couple of months till I move to the city in january and need a provider that will give me good reception both in and out of the city).
    I was leaning towards at&t as I can get the panasonic versio phone for 69$ and I prefer that phone over the nokias that cingular uses. The phone is a very important factor and having seen and tried all my friends phones I decided that the panasonic was the one I prefered over the others. On a side note, would anyone know if the panasonic versio phone will work on any other providers plans other than at&t?

2. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Verizon FreeUp is the best prepaid cellular overall. I've had it since may and I love it.

3. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    ATT's prepaid option isn't too good, you MUST refill every 45 days. FREEUP from Verizon as Mooby says is the best. With FREEUP, you can choose any phone you want. With ATT you are limited to the Nokia 5165 I think. Look at Verizon's FREEUP (they give you free weekend minutes) and Ecallplus @ www.ecallplus.com you can find FREEUP at www.Verizonwireless.com Good luck!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

With verizon, your minutes are used up when people leave you voicemails (haven't seen it say that anywhere for att prepaid) and with att you can choose any phone you want also. You just have to buy it outside of att. I found the panasonic versio for 69$ on amazon.com (w/o activation) and the salesguy confirmed that it would work with prepaid.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

and with verizon the expiration dates are as follows:
    - $15 - $29.99 expires in 30 days
    - $30 - $74.99 expires in 60 days

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have to agree with you guys. FREEUP from Verizon Wireless is the best pre-paid service currently avaible.