Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ppc6700

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by JGreer97, Feb 5, 2007.

1. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    I was wanting to know what people thought of the UTStarcom PPC6700. Does anyone have one and if they do what do they think about it. Bottom line would i want one?

With Alltel Since 1998

2. GREGHARKINS

GREGHARKINS New Member

I have had one since it came out...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T

So you have not had any prob. with it? How well does the Wi/Fi work?

With Alltel Since 1998

4. LonghornBob

LonghornBob Member

Functionality is okay. It's not a horrible phone, but the reception doesn't match some of the basic "phone" phones.

Getting in the internet is pretty easy. The touch screen is convenient. I use it to log into work all the time. I don't actually know if you can download a ringtone or not. Haven't figured that one out. I don't think you can.

Overall it's not bad other than one important thing: It's like carrying around a frigging ACME brick. It's ridiculous. I'm not one of these belt-loop holder nerds, and you can't put the thing in your pocket without looking like a 16 year old shoplifter. It is unbearably heavy. I can't wait to get rid of mine for the simple reason that I am tired of lugging around a laptop.

If you don't care about size, go for it. If you do, stay the hell away and wait for the Q.

5. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    Thanks for the info

I belive I am going to wait for the Q. Just because the 6700 still has a pretty good price tag. Plus the Q is going to be much smaller. It is just taking way to long for them to come out with the Q but I guess I will just have to wait.

With Alltel Since 1998

6. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    My bet is that the retail on the Q will be $499-$549 and that the two-year price will be $199 after a $100 MIR. That puts the price point at better the 6700 currently is. I don't see any reason for anyone to buy the 6700 over the Q - except for built-in WiFi.

7. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

The difference between smartphone and pocket pc (touch screen, user interface, and more functional office programs) would be a good difference to go with the 6700 and not the Q

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Believe me, I realize those things. But the fact that the 6700 does have the size and feel of a BRICK really makes it a tough choice.

9. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    I also belive the size of the 6700 would be a prob. for me. I am using a RAZR V3c right now that would be a big change I belive.

With Alltel Since 1998

10. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    According the Motorola rep who came to speak with us, the Q is supposed to be really good at getting reception. I am really not sure on the reason why it has been delayed again. Personally, I like the 700wx over the 6700. It is a heavier device, but it's not as thick due to not having a slide-out keyboard. Also, Palm made a few changes on the device from the PPC, like making it easier to get the running programs and easier to find the phone number that is programmed on the device. I realize this is more for troubleshooting, but hey, since that is what I do all day at work, it works for me. The one drawback I could see is that there is no built in wi-fi, but Palm does sell an adapter that plugs into the device to make it wi-fi capable.

11. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    The one thing I was looking at is the fact that the kays are bigger on the 6700. Would be easy for me to use.

With Allterl Since 1998

12. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    The keypad size is one thing the 6700 does have going for it. I guess having smaller hands lets me have more selection on phones. But with the PPC, is that it seems to have a shorter battery life then the other phones.