Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Potential Sprint cust, thinking LG LX350, camera/pic question

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by snaproll, May 14, 2006.

1. snaproll

snaproll New Member

Thinking of joining Sprint, getting LG LX350...

I've tried to ask Sprint and got nebulous answers, :mad: I've downloaded the user guide and can't find it, and scanned these forums without seeing much about it, so appreciate if someone can tell me... can I / how-to download pictures directly from the LX350 to my PC, without going though that "Picture Mail" network rig-a-ma-role. :confused:

Yes, I understand I CAN do the pic downloads through picture mail for rather cheap with the unlimited option like with SERO.... but I'd rather not fool with that on regular basis, just to download my pics to PC.

From something I saw in the forums I checked the "BitPim" site (though I'm not sure how I'd even use it), but unfortunately the LX350 is not listed as compatible.

The phone has bluetooth, and I could get a bluetooth card for my PC, but I'm still not sure you can download pics from the phone that way.

If anyone has the definitive how-to, I'd much appreciate.

Also, if that (direct pic download) is IMPOSSIBLE to do with Sprint, can you tell me if the pics sent to email via "Picture Mail" are at least delivered in a commonly useable format like JPG?? thanks.

2. syberspirit

syberspirit New Member

Hi there. I am a new Sprint customer and I just got an lx-350. I also wanted to be able to transfer ringtones and pics from PC to phone and I thought the bluetooth feature would allow me to do this but it doesn't because OBEX is not supported. I found this out after I bought the phone and spent $30 on a USB bletooth adapter. I feel that it is misleading that Sprint promotes the bluetooth capabilities of this phone but does not tell you what you CANNOT do.

You're right--phone is not supported by bitpim or, as far as I can see, any other phone sync software. Good thing I researched this before spending another $10 on data cable. Not to mention the $30 or so I would have to spend even if I did find find compatible sync software.

My advice would be for you to choose another carrier and phone if it is priority for you to be able to transfer files from PC. If I am wrong on above comments someone please correct me.

3. bingster

bingster New Member

Actually you can download pictures, videos and voice memos you've saved on your LX350 to a Macintosh using a USB 2.0 data sync cable and BITPM. You need to select the diagnostic port (BITPIM preferences) and then click on the Filesystem icon to locate the files. The voice memo files are in QCP format so you will need to run them thru a QCP to mp3 converter before you can listen to them. :)

4. johnnyb555

johnnyb555 New Member

I bought an LG LX350 from Sprint, and was told point blank by Sprint that there was NO WAY of transferring pictures unless I signed up for their Data service, I think it was another $20/mo. I still got the phone, since transfering pictures wasn't too important. It's a nice phone with a decent battery life, but the speaker phone option stinks. Still, a great value for the $.

JohnnyB.

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I wasn't aware that the LX-350 was still being sold by Sprint. It was discontinued about a month ago.

6. ftlbaby

ftlbaby New Member

When is bluetooth not bluetooth?

Not all the capabilities of BT are supported by every BT device. Please check phonescoop.com for your particular devices BT support. For instance my sanyo scp-8400 has the following... Bluetooth Supported Profiles: HSP, HFP, DUN, OPP, FTP version 1.1.

QUOTE from phonescoop:
    For example, most phones support the Headset (HSP) and Handsfree (HFP) profiles, for connecting the phones to headsets and car kits, respectively. But not all phones support the Object Exchange (OBEX) profiles, which let you transfer files (like photos) (FTP) and/or information (like contacts and events) (OPP) to and from other devices. Another profile supported by only some phones is Dial-Up Networking (DUN), which lets you connect a laptop or PDA to the Internet via the phone. Other optional profiles support connecting to printers (BPP), keyboards (HID), and stereo headphones (A2DP, AVRC).

7. Roy D Mercer

Roy D Mercer New Member

I used the Sprint USB cable for the LG LX-350, (only so I could return it for a refund if I could not transfer my pics), in conjunction with the following driver and software.
    1 - Get the LG driver software from DataPilot, aka Susteen:
    http://support.susteen.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=2623
    The zip file name is: LG Phone Driver II (LG Essentials/ Individual Cable DP- CU27)
    (if it tells you you need to log in, that message is probably because you are not allowing scripts for susteen.com, so allow them)
    You can also go to www.susteen.com, click on “Support”, click on “Downloads”, in the left panel… click on “Cable & Phone Drivers (PC)”, click on “LG Phone Driver II (LG Essentials/ Individual Cable DP- CU27)”

2 - Get the BitPim software from http://bitpim.org/. The current version today is 0.9.07 development release. The file name is bitpim-0.9.07-setup.exe.

I got this to work with the following configuration:
    Laptop running Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2, running BitPim 0.9.07.
    I did not need to reboot after loading the driver software.

The procedure is:
    1 - UnZIP the driver ZIP file, and run the setup.exe. Windows complains that it is not certified, but install it anyway.
    2 - Turn on the LX350, attach the USB cable to it and to the PC.
    The PC should recognize it as a new device, and ask about loading the drivers. It complains again about them not being certified. I just said okay to everything.
    On the Laptop with XP, I had to approve three separate drivers as they came up:
    - LGE CDMA Composite USB Device
    - LGE CDMA USB Modem
    - LGE CDMA USB Serial Port

3 - Run the BitPim self-extracting setup file. By default, it starts up the BitPim software, I think. If not, start the software now, with the phone on and plugged in. The default directory for the application is C:\Program Files\BitPim

- The BitPim software has an icon on the lower right, which turned green within a few seconds, after some text scrolled by. Hooray! It recognized the phone as "other CDMA phone on COM5."
    - On the top menu bar, under "View", click on "View Filesystem." This is a toggle - a check should appear next to it, and a Filesystem icon should appear in the left window.
    - Click on the Filesystem icon. A folder should be visible in the center window.
    - Click on the folder to see the sub-folders.
    - Click on Dcam (digital camera)
    - Click on Review. At this point, a list of files shows up in the right window, with names like Pic0002.jpg. These are your pictures!
    - You can download them individually by right clicking on the file names, and saving them to your PC. If you do this, they transfer as .jpg files.
    - You can download the whole list of files by right clicking on the Review icon, then selecting "backup directory". This saves a .ZIP file, with all the pictures in it, onto your PC.
    - Several minutes to download all the pictures, if you have a good many.

Other sources of software (which may have a better user interface) and also have the USB cables for sale, are:
    - Datapilot.com = Susteen.com
    - www.daydeal.com - has many accessories, including a USB charging cable. (The Sprint USB cable does not include charging via the USB cable from a PC, although it has a tiny jack on the cable, which may allow charging the LX350 with an adapter.)

Neither of the above software sources currently provides bidirectional transfer of pictures; only download to the PC, so I think this solution using BitPim is probably as functional as either purchased product.

8. johnnyb555

johnnyb555 New Member

Thanks Roy!! I will try and see what happens.
    Johnny.

9. Thundersdad

Thundersdad New Member

Roy, I just wanted to pass along a big Thank You for the links & tips on getting pics off of our new LG LX350 camera/phone & transferring them to our PC.
    Tried everything to get it to work & then we happened apon this site & your post.
    Did just what you said to do & voila !!!

Got them transferred & all's well.

Thanks Roy :)

10. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just use an online uploader. That is what most people do. Since you get free data access anyways, just make an account over at www.funformobile.com and download the content that way.

11. odell2

odell2 New Member

Roy,
    I went to the susteen site that you linked to in your post but i can't find the drivers. In the knowledge base it refers to the driver in question but it says that I should go to download drivers in the kb but I don't see it anywhere. Is there anywhere else I can get these?

12. niceguy101

niceguy101 New Member

13. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  14. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Too bad almost nobody still has this phone except me. I thought it had great potential to be a good seller except that Sprint never pushed it and after only about 4-5 months on the market they decided to hand it over to Disney Mobile.

15. redbekah

redbekah New Member

My Phone:
    LG 350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Credo/Sprint
    Great turorial. Making me ignore the windows warnings really helped.

Is there any software currently available for the LG 350 that I can use to sync a calendar from PC to phone via a data cable? That actually works?

Thank you!
    Red

16. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Does bitpim not sync calendars?

Data Pilot is also an option. I have seen this sold in Costco for less than it is direct from the manufacturer (for the package that contains cables for all kinds of phones). If you already have the cable, the downloadable option might be a good one, provided you are willing to pay of course. :)

17. redbekah

redbekah New Member

My Phone:
    LG 350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Credo/Sprint
    Well, not for the LG 350 yet, I think.

Thank you!
    Red

18. niceguy101

niceguy101 New Member

You are indeed correct. Bitpim only supports the calendar feature for supported phones, and the lx350 is not officially supported by Bitpim (yet)....

19. Roy D Mercer

Roy D Mercer New Member

Just to update.........my PC crashed, got another last week. Went to get the drivers, had to get them by "Googling" for either of these drivers:
    - LGE CDMA Composite USB Device
    - LGE CDMA USB Modem
    - LGE CDMA USB Serial Port
    I downloaded the "LGE CDMA Composite USB Device" driver I found, and I tried to get the other two, but they were all the same, so I only needed one. It was named :
    LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_Ver_4.5.exe .......( the site was LGE CDMA Composite USB Device - Free Download LGE CDMA Composite USB Device Driver From downloadatoz.com )

I then downloaded the latest copy of BitPim (bitpim-1.0.6-setup.exe), used it and the drivers in accordance with my former directions, worked like a charm.