Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Poster reveals T-Mobile's plan on selling all phones for free on June 19

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by CRC, Jun 15, 2010.

1. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Poster reveals T-Mobile's plan on selling all phones for free on June 19 (Phone Arena News)

This article contains unofficial information.
    All signs have pointed to the inevitable reality of all of the speculations floating around of late. From commercial scripts to a special package containing a tie, there was no doubt that something big was being penned for June 19th. Now it becomes even more concrete as a leaked internal poster clearly displays in big bold letters that every phone will be available for free as long as it's a new activation on a qualifying family plan. Still without details as to which specific plans will be eligible for this promotion, this one day sale should still prove to be a big attraction to customers as big name handsets like the HTC HD2 are going to be sold for free. So if you happen to be in the market in getting in with a family plan through T-Mobile, you'd probably want to stop by a local store on that day to check it out – they'll even have extended hours at participating locations.

source: TmoNews

advertisment:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    The devil in the details. Individual lines are not eligible. Important note so people don't think every phone is free that day...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    OMG Mike...I could have caused a "riot" and stampede at T-Mobile stores! :eek::badidea: Thanks for letting me and everyone else know!

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I wonder what a "qualifying" family plan is? $299/mo?

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Apparently it doesn't matter what plan it is, as long as you're adding a line to an existing plan. Here's a news byte from AP via Yahoo News:

T-Mobile promotion to offer free phones - Yahoo! News

One interesting point mentioned in the article:

So with some phones, Free* may come with an asterisk next to it...

#5 M in LA, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  6. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile's one day promotion would allow customers to get up to 5 free phones (Phone Arena News)

Attached is an updated article from PhoneArena explaining in more clear detail regarding the promotion. My apologies re: the original article above. Got a little excited about the offer before reading into it more and getting all the facts. Thanks Mike for catching that and straightening everything out! :)

Also, sorry Mike about my previous comment...I was just "kidding"! I wasn't accusing you of accusing me about anything! :

7. aye domasian

aye domasian New Member

hi! please help me unlock my t mobile my721x. thank you

8. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Aye...are you a T-Mobile customer? If so, just contact customer service, either by calling 611 or if you have registered on-line on the T-Mobile website (go to "contact us" after registering & signing in), and they will either text or e-mail you the code to un-lock it with the instructions step-by-step on how to do it and enter that code. Just tell them your traveling to another country and you want to use a pre-paid sim.

I see you live in the Philippines?!? Do they have T-Mobile there? If not, then you'll either need to get the person who gave you the phone (if they're a T-Mobile customer) to get you the unlock code...that person will need particular info off that phone in order to have T-Mobile give them the unlock code.

If none of the above, then you may have to go to one of those phone stores that sells many different kinds of phones and providers, and pay them $25-45 to unlock the phone for you.

Good Luck!
    Chris