Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Post Inspired by Clerks

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by MOTOhooligan, Aug 9, 2004.

1. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    In Kevin Smith's Clerks Dante, the beleaguered Quik Stop clerk laments about the customers he hates the most. His example is "The Milk Maids," who go through all the milk in the store and try and find the gallon of milk with the latest expiration date. I, being a CSR in the retention department have several groups of customers with similar behavior that annoy me, but the worst are what I call, "The Check Signers."

Where I work you can only have the account in one name and under one person's credit. This person is called the billing responsible party but the BRP can add "authorized callers" to the account, these are the names of people who can make limited changes to the account such as feature, ESN and rate plan changes. One of the things that an authorized caller cannot do is cancel an account... as you can imagine, I get a lot of calls from the authorized callers of accounts who want to cancel the service and I cannot do this for them. I tell them that I cannot cancel the account for them because they are not the billing responsible party (ie the account is not in their name or under their credit.) "The Check Signers," (usually the wives or husbands of the BRP) get upset and tell me things like, "What do you mean you can't cancel the account for me, he/she is my husband/wife?" or, my personal favorite and thus the origin of their name, "I know his/her name is on the account but I pay the bill every month. Go back and take a look at all the checks and you'll see, I signed them! You took the payment and now you won't cancel for me?" Yes. We'll take a payment from anyone but we can't cancel for you unless the account is in your name, "billing responsible party" means that the account was in your name, not that you physically pay the bill each month. I swear, I get four or five of these calls every day.

If you work as a CSR, sales rep or dealer, what are some examples of groups of annoying customers that you have? (And don't pull a Randall and say you hate all the customers... even I don't hate all of them, in fact a lot of them I like. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    A clerks reference...i love it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Like they expect you to go see who signed the checks.... :lmao:

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    37! :D

5. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    :yumyum: In a row!?!?!?!?

6. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My best friend and I would randomly drop the number "37" into conversations with unknowing females back in high school. Good times.

7. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    :lol:

8. LowTech

LowTech Junior Member

meh..I preferred mall rats

Anyways, I have a retail business and we get all kinds of characters. However, the worst by far are the ones that come in at least once or twice a week and get the same thing each time and also complain each time about how the price keeps going up. You tell them, "That item has been the same price for the past two years." They don't believe you and say they paid less the last time they came in. Whats even worse is that i got a new wholesaler and lowered prices on a few items...one customer still says they paid less when they came in last time. Its especially annoying when u know that they in fact paid more last time they purchased that particular item.

9. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What do you call these customers?