Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

"Possible" New CING Site - MAYWOOD NJ...

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by MeatChicken, Sep 23, 2005.

1. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Over the Past month or so I have been noticing a new site, on a building off Rt 17 North in Maywood.
    It has the 1 + 1, Two panel config that CING has been recently installing , such as the recent addition to the monopole at RT 80 exit 63 ....
    I don't use Cing, so I can't check test screens, but for those interested (Bobolito ?):cool2: , The site is on a Brown Brick office building, set back from the highway, just north of the OutBack SteakHouse & Park Ave BMW dealership, Rt 17 Northbound Maywood ... I think the Building has a red "218" or 208" near the top.
    ... Not to be confused w/ the sites on the Self storage building in the same area, which are VZW, & either Sprint or T-Mobile .. That building is just south of the CING site, closer to the Hwy, & not Brick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Can you post a map say from Mapquest pinpointing the location?

Normally, if it's two fat white panels it's T-Mobile. But if one of the panels is thinner than the other then it should be Cingular.

Nextel and Verizon usually have gray panels and usually have 4 panels per sector. Sprint uses two thin panels.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    It's the 1 + 1 of the newer Cing style sites.
    here is a link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=rt+17+outback+steakhouse&ll=40.902258,-74.071884&sll=40.893824,-74.071841&spn=0.015931,0.029232&sspn=0.016772,0.030770&num=7&start=0&hl=en

ZOOM the map in with the slider on the left of the page for more detail/streets. ....

The CING site is actually slightly north of the marked resteraunt (" A " ), near central ave, on the right, brown brick building. The Marked resteraunt is near the (taller) self-storage bldg where VZW has their 4 panel set, & either Sprint or T-Mobile have a panel too.

4. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

I don't know if the one at the end of Meta Lane, Lodi
    was converted to GSM; used to be comcast cellular.
    Otherwise the next one is at Malcolm Ave, Teterboro.
    Since they're the ones close to route 17, used to be ATTWS.

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    hehe...Jones, there's no way that could've been Comcast Cellular in Lodi. Comcast never had a license for this area. They were down from Central NJ and south.

AT&T was the only TDMA carrier in this area and all their sites now have GSM.

6. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

Sorry, the one in Meta Lane, LODI (DEAD END ST)
    is under Cellular One.

7. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    .. Yes, the Original "A" carrier here was "Metro-One" , Which then became "Cellular One" , Then At&T, then CINGular ...

8. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Here is an Update On This site Location ...

The Site/building is actually Right behind the BMW dealership, & at the Exit ramp of Passaic St./ RT 17N.
    The Brick building does have a red " 218 " at the top, visible when driving north on rt 17.