Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Positive Story about T-Mobile and Customer Service

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by azcellphonejunkie, Oct 31, 2004.

1. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    Here is a story for you all that really solidfies T-Mobile's JD Power and Associates award for customer service.

3 months ago I had to have a replacement phone sent to me for my E105 that had a bad keypad. The phone took longer than expected to get to me, so they gave me 100 courtesy minutes to use. However, what I didn't know was that the minutes expired after 90 days.

This past month, I moved from Tucson to Scottsdale and was on the phone a lot, 685 minutes to be exact. My plan is 600 anytime, but since I had the courtesy minutes, I thought I would be good. When I got my bill this week, it was $34 higher than normal. I called up CS to ask them about it and of course they told me the extra charges were for overage minutes. When I inquired as to what had happened to the courtesy minutes, they told me that they had expired half way through the billing cycle and so they were no good by the time I had gone over.

The rep was very understanding as to my situation because I had moved and it wasn't clarified about the 90 day rule. He gave me some free text messages, my next month's bill will only be 1/2 price and then I also get a free month of service after that! Very cool.

They really take care of thier customers (in my opinion) and I really like that with a company in an industry that is so cut throat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I haven't had a negative experience with T-Mobile customer service so far, and I'm on their prepay T-Mobile To Go service.

When I purchased the phone in August, activation was easy, automated process over the phone and OTA (over the air) programming of the phone number.

The day after, I went into a T-Mobile corporate store to check the prices of the To Go phone packages, slightly less than what I paid for mine, but the sales rep. indicated they were running a promotion of one-year expiration on minutes if a $25 or greater refill card were purchased and activated by the end of that month (August 2004). Since the phone was new, and the idea of one-year service for $25 was intriguing, I bought one. After the card was activated, the service period only extended to 90 days, not one year. I called customer service and explained this problem. I'm sure the rep. I spoke to, could see that the phone was activated only the day prior. She explained that the one year promotion had expired on July 31, not August 31 and I was misinformed at the store. I told her that I bought the card after being told of the one year expiration, and wanted one of two things: The one year expiration, or find a way to refund what I paid for the card and remove the minutes. She then placed me on hold so she could speak with her supervisor. After about 10 minutes on hold, she came back on the line (apologized for the delay), and said that the supervisor could not authorize the one year, but he could authorize six months. I'm sure the fact that the phone was activated the day prior factored into that decision, because I could easily have returned the phone to Target for a refund. So I took the six months.

In all, I wound up with 9 months of service, they added the 6 months on top of the three months I started with. I plan on purchasing another card before the end of this year as they have another one year expiration promotion currently.

I had a similar problem with Verizon, not honoring the expiration printed on the back of the card, I eventually received the correct expiration, but have not been happy with them overall (more than an average number of problems, as reported in the Verizon Wireless User group on this site) and when my Verizon service ends on 12/1/2004, I am not renewing it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Well that's good to hear...I didn't have good experiences with T-Mobile Customer Care; network outages, network problems, phone replacement problems, and more.
    Hope you had a great trip to SLC!

4. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile has improved coverage in my local area. That one dead spot on Route 128 in the Lynnfield/Wakefield, MA area, now has 2 new towers and T-Mobile has something on one of them. The 3595 now displays full strength where it displayed 2-3 before this. Same for Cingular.

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    T-Mobile has come a long way from its VoiceStream days. I have been very happy with their service. I can't say I'm surprised you got such good service. I know no carrier is perfect, but I will say that T-Mobile is one of the best. :)

6. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    I agree 100%!

7. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Let's hope the reports are true that that T-Mobile will begin to use the MWI for voicemail next year. :D