Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Porting number to my Alltel phone?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by desmoface, Oct 19, 2008.

1. desmoface

desmoface New Member

Hey gang, we have 3 cell phones in our household and were trying to do away with one. The one we want to do away with is with ATT. My question is, if we have an alltel phone already, can we change it to the att's phone #.

I don't know if I explained that clearly. My Alltel phone's number is 123-4567 and my att phone# is 765-4321. Can I port the att number to my alltel phone so that my alltel # is 765-4321? Hopefully thats a little clearler LOL..My wife seems to think we can only do this when we first get the phone/not for an existing phone/number. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Steve

2. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    As long as both numbers are in the same local area there should be no problem. From what I have heard, these things seem to work out better if you go to the store in person.

3. desmoface

desmoface New Member

Good deal. Thanks a lot for the info.

Steve

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Numbers that are ported need to be requested at time of activation. In other words, you can't change your existing number to your ATT number at this point.. You would have to activate a new line via a Port request, meaning you would have two phone numbers: You current Alltel # and the newly ported ATT number now on your Alltel acct.

1 person likes this.
  5. desmoface

desmoface New Member

Hi Bikebryan, that's exactly what I needed to know. We have a year left on the Alltel phone's contract. I wonder if they would let us cancel the current # and redo it with the ATT number? I guess thats a question for alltel. Thanks again.

Steve

6. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

You would have to sign up a new line of service. An option you would have is to pay the ETF and drop the line, add a new line with a number port of the AT&T phone. But that's probably more than you wanted to chew so to speak.