Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Porting from T-Mobile to Cingular

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by warriorfootball9, Aug 15, 2004.

1. warriorfootball9

warriorfootball9 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Yesterday I order Cingular online and was trying to port three numbers from T-Mobile to Cingular. I could only port one number over tho. I wanted to port all three of the numbers over tho. What should I do to get the other two number over to cingular.

2. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Well, there's nothing better than actually talking to a CSR, why don't you go to your local Cingular store and talk to them about it, i'll bet they can help you or call Cingular and ask them. That's the best I can do... Sorry.

3. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Thank you for your help. The reason I ordered online was because of the online offers they had. When I first called them they said in order to get the online specials i had to order online and the lady said she could not help me nor did she know of anyone that could help.

4. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    What was the reason given why you could not port? Generally, you can set up a new line (with Cingular in this case) and then port the numbers over from TM when your receive the phones. Are all of the TM numbers out of contract?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Yes all of the phones are out contract. Today I contacted Cingular and told them situation and they solved it with no problems. When I recieve the phone only one of the phone will be programmed with one the ported numbers. When I call to activate the phones, the customer service representative said to tell them that the other two phones need to be programmed with the other two numbers that got ported over today. So they solved my question and now I'am trying to wait untill the new phones get here. I'm excited. Thanks for all the help.

6. shish_ka_bob

shish_ka_bob New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    I just joined Cingular. I also thought that the online deals were "online only," but I thought I'd check in the store anyway, and the store matched the deals exactly. The stores don't want to lose business to the internet, so they'll usually be as accomodating as they possibly can be.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Well I dont think there are no stores around here. When I talked CS they said the stores would have different prices.

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I agree. I got an ATT store to match an online offer with no problem whatsoever.