Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

poor signal area

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by hagar, Jul 30, 2012.

1. hagar

hagar New Member

I'd like recommendations for improving my cell service in Winter Harbor 04693 which has spotty cell coverage.

2. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    If you have any donor signal at all . A good cellular amplifier will do the job for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spidershowl11

spidershowl11 New Member

You can use external antenna like Trucker Antenna. This antenna can be mounted on truck mirrors or on a pole. It can also be bolted onto the side of a building. Adding an external antenna to your cell phone is the most cost effective way to improve reception. The price range for adding an external antenna to your cell phone ranges from $40 to over $100 depending on antenna, adapter and cable type.

4. hagar

hagar New Member

Thanks for the recent responses. My solution was to install a "Wireless Extender" from Verizon. This unit is about the size of a router and is connected to my homes D-Link router via another ethernet cable. It's placed close to a window and acts like a mini cell phone tower. Our cell phones (it handles multiple phones at once) went from "searching for signal" to 4 out of 4 bars on both phones! Prices range from $200 - $250, it's not cheap but was half the price of other systems which require an outside antenna, a booster unit, and a second inside antenna. I'm very satisfied.

5. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Adding an external antenna to a phone is no longer an option . The phone manufacturers have stopped putting RF ports on the phones so end users can no longer do this.

- - - Updated - - -

A Femtocell ( Wireless extender ) is only a solution for folks that have a high speed wired internet connection . Also keep in mind that they only generate signal for the carrier they are issued by . If you have other users in household on other carriers , they are out of luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...