Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Poor service for a stylish phone?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by fayzter, Aug 12, 2002.

1. fayzter

fayzter New Member

Is it true certain phones have better reception for a specific service provider? I need to get a new wireless provider very soon. Thanks to Worldcom. We have the option to switch over to Verizon, but I want to get a stylish phone. I looked thru Verizon's selection, and it's not as appealing as AT&T's. My friend's Nokia 5100's has never failed her with AT&T. As mentioned earlier, I want to get something with more features and not phones that were around 3-4 years ago. Visually, I like Nokia 8265 and Ericcson T61. Any feedback on the receptions for these phones in NYC and North Jersey?

Thanks,
    Kelly

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Reception is more carrier dependant than phone dependant. However, the phone can make the difference when the signal is weak. Verizon is known to have the best reception in NYC/NJ. Now, whether a phone looks nice or not that depends on the person. Obviously, you like Nokias, but there are people who find them ugly. Verizon will be coming out with new phones soon. Check this out and see if you like them:

http://www.wirelessgamingreview.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=132

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...