Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

polling multiple email accounts on the 6700

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by cortez, Apr 6, 2006.

1. cortez

cortez New Member

i recently purchased a xv-6700 from Verizon to replace my 700w. i have 3 POP3 email accounts configured on the 6700, all of which are set to check email every 45 minutes. it appears, however, that you have to select each account in order for it to check email. for example, if i receive a message on account #1, read the message, then return to the home screen, the phone will never poll account #2 and #3 for email. it will only check email for account #1 until i select another account. i have a Qtek 9100 configured with the same 3 email accounts and it will check each email acccount regardless of which account is selected.

is this normal behavior for the xv-6700 or is there a registry tweak that i can apply to get the phone to check for mail regardless of what account is selected.

thanks in advance for your feedback/suggestions.

Qtek 9100 w/T-Mobile
    XV-6700 w/Verizon

2. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I'll look into it, I myself prefer to hit the send/receive button, since I don't live in an evdo area, the data connection can on occasion disrupt my voice calls.

One quick solution is to set-up the Verizon Wireless Sync program to check your email. Their server will accomodate up to three pop3 accounts, or you can configure it to sync directly to Outlook on your home PC (which if you have a dsl or cable modem) probably the best solution as you don't have to read your email twice, and items you send from your phone will also be available on your home PC.

Another option would be to get a hosted exchange account at a site like
    4smartphone.com (there are other's, but this one comes to mind.) This would enable push email directly to your phone as well, without the need to add additional software (VZW wireless sync) to your device.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cortez

cortez New Member

thanks for the advice... VZW wireless sync will not work on my laptop because i use a VPN to connect to our corporate mail server. i read on a another forum (after i created this thread) that this is normal behavior for the XV-6700. Sprint's PPC 6700 had the same behavior. it now appears that - after a ROM upgrade - Sprint's PPC6700 now polls multiple mail accounts.

4. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    you can still use wireless sync with your phone you just set the wireless sync server to pull down your pop3 email to their servers then to your phone.

I myself don't use it because it takes too much memory.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cortez

cortez New Member

for now i'll continue "beta testing" the emoze client to get my corporate mail pushed to my phone (or company is not yet set up for true push). it's been working without issue so far (fingers crossed). hopefully, VZW will allow polling of multiple accounts via a ROM upgrade. i won't hold my breath, tho...;)

6. Tim25

Tim25 New Member

The other way to resolve your problem is using 3rd-party software, like Webis Mail or ProfiMail. Or even Qmail. Last one is free and very functional. Multiple mail accounts and automatic scheduled checking are available of course.

Best regards,
    Tim

Pocket PC Programs:
    http://www.handster.com