Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Plz Help Me UNLOCK Sanyo Katana II Cell

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by LauraK, Oct 1, 2008.

1. LauraK

LauraK New Member

Does anyone know how to unlock the Sanyo Katana II cell phones. I moved to FL and changed service. My phones are brand new and prefer to use them.

Can anyone help me Please?

Thanks, Laura

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Welcome to WA, LauraK. The Katana II is a CDMA phone. CDMA devices are provider specific and cannot be unlocked to use with a different one.

Once in awhile it can be flashed with a provider's firmware, but I would not recommend it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Charlyee's right. If you were thinking of being able to use your Katana II with AT&T or T-Mobile, you can't because they are GSM providers, a completely different technology than Sprint's CDMA service.

Also CDMA phones are very difficult to flash/reprogram for use with other CDMA carriers, like Verizon, Alltel, and US Cellular, for example. Unless you know what you are doing, it isn't worth the time or money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LauraK

LauraK New Member

Re: WHat About Unlocking Verizon phones then?

Thanks for all your help. What about verizon Motorola and LG. Can they be unlocked for AT&T use?

I really hate to buy another 5 phones. The one's AT&T give are really lousy.

Enjoy the day and thanks for all the quick responses.

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell

Hi Laura, no unfortunately Verizon is also a CDMA provider and AT&T is GSM. The only unlocked phone that you could use on AT&T would be from another GSM provideer like T-Mobile.

Hope it helps.

6. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410

No Verizon phone can be used on AT&T. Their networks use different network technologies. As far as AT&T giving "really lousy" phones, you get what you pay for. I almost never take the free phone unless its a Motorola. I got my mother a "free" Motorola L2, and she loved it. When she qualified for an upgrade I got her & dad both "free" Motorola V3's. They are very happy with their phones & service. Mom initially wanted an LG because it came in a cool color, but I talked her out of it.

I was just looking on the AT&T site. Seems they have several Nokias to choose from that are free after rebates. Those will be your best bet for the free phone. Stay away from LG phones with AT&T. LG makes good CDMA phones, but their GSM phones are junk. I'm not familiar with the build quality of the cheaper Samsung models. I know some people here have some Samsung smartphones and love them. I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. What type of phone do you need/want, and how much are you willing to pay?

-Jay