Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Pls. Reply: Verizon Mobile to Mobile

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Prada, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Prada

Prada New Member

I have a Verizon america's choice plan. I added their mobile to mobile plan to it. I was told I would get 1000 mobile to mobile minutes with my America's Choice plan.

I traveled to Little Rock for work and made a lot of calls back to my boyfriend (on his cell phone) who was in St. Louis and also has Verizon.

Turns out. . .Verizon says my mobile to mobile minutes were not good for these calls.

Now my bill is HUGE!!

Can anyone out there explain what is going on??

Has this happened to anyone else?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    According to the map, Little Rock is not included in the America's Choice mobile to mobile area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Prada

Prada New Member

But the guy who sold me the phone said that as long as I was on the america's choice network my mobile to mobile mins would work.

LR is on the America's Choice network.

I am still not getting it??
    [​IMG]

4. AliG

AliG New Member

If either of you blocked your caller ID mobile to mobile won't work. Also, If you were on analog or the extended network the mobile to mobile minutes won't follow you. I have the America's Choice plan too and decided against the mobile to mobile option because I find my phone falling into analog a lot even though I live and work in areas completely in the network.

5. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Prada,

As was already mentioned in one forum in response to the four same posts you made in the regional forums, America's Choice and mobile to mobile are two different offers. Just because AC is available where you are does not mean that mobile to mobile is the same. From my observations, mobile to mobile is a local thing to be used in and around your hometown area(s). It does not stretch across State lines.

One post in one forum is sufficient. Most, if not all, senior members check ALL the forums.

6. Milkyway

Milkyway New Member

My Phone:
    LG vx4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    This taken from Verizon.com:

Calling Features: National mobile to mobile - 1000 minutes

Calls must originate and terminate within the national mobile to mobile home airtime rate area. The roam indicator light will be flashing and/or solid when outside the national mobile to mobile home airtime rate area, and therefore plan rates don’t apply. Calls billed as mobile to mobile only when Caller ID is present. Accuracy of roaming indicator cannot be guaranteed. Actual charges are based on information in billing system. Not available with fixed wireless devices with usage substantially from a single cell site. Geographic and other restrictions apply. Digital service required for national mobile to mobile service. Does not work in analog markets. To begin using your tri-mode phone, please follow the directions included with your phone. Failure to program your tri-mode phone properly will result in inaccurate roaming indicator display of your calling area and additional charges.

7. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    Actually, mobile to mobile will work in analog. I think they say it won't just to be on the side of caution. Caller ID works in analog up here in Northern California, at least in the former GTE system areas(Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, Napa, Marin, etc.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Kevin James,

Sorry!! New to this whole posting thing.

Was just looking for clarification, so I thought it would not hurt to post in all rooms.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

[​IMG]