Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Please tell me which Get it now program lets you save pictures to your desktop wallpaper on the new

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by Hawaiiannights, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Hawaiiannights

My Phone:
    LG LX8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon..can you hear me now?
    Please tell me which Get it now program lets you save pictures to your desktop?

Please tell me which Get it now program lets you save pictures to your desktop wallpaper for the new Samsung SCH-A530?

Also from what I hear you can use Gagin or Bitpim also?
    Where can I download it?
    Which is better?
    and where can I buy the USB cord and find the drivers?

Sorry for all the questions, just traded in my Motorola T720 for the Samsung SCH-A530 so don't know where to find everything yet. Thanks in advance!!

2. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    Pictavision is the only program that works for the a530. Right now though, even if you save them to "my local" in pictavision they cant be used for caller id or wallpaper. There is a problem with the software loaded on your phone. Verizon is issuing a new software version shortly (shoudl have been out two weeks ago) which they will put on your phone for you at any Verizon store. Call the tech department at your local store and ask them if they have new software for the A530. After this...Pictavision will work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Blackcat55

Blackcat55 New Member

Exego is finally available, but the pics are a little grainy.[​IMG]

4. damartian

damartian Junior Member

get the usb cord at radioshack, get the 1 for the samsung a310. go to my yahoo group to get the drivers. use modtones and download a pitcure from the wallpaper section. you don't actually have to download a picture, because all downloading a picture does is copy a folder to your phone called "shared". use gagin to get the pictures on your phone. but you do have to download modtones i think. create a folder called "shared", drag and drop it into gagin (make sure you already deleted the original on the phone, if its there) and then hit menu, 6,1,3, and there it is. size can be anything from 128x128 or less. the width is 128, but if you want the time and date exposed, make it 128x115 or less. it has to be a bmp, but it does not!!! have to be 256 colors. i took pictures with my digital camera (olympus 2.1 megapix) at its highest resolution, resized to 128x96 and copied it to my phone. you can also get pictures to put on the front display. pictures have to be!!! 32x32 with 256 colors. do it the same way. you can also put all the pictures you want on at the same time. just the more pictures and more disk space, the slower it is to change the pictures ( you'll see what i mean). more info about what to do is at my group. also if you use the search engine here, there is more info.
    hope this helps

5. Hawaiiannights

My Phone:
    LG LX8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon..can you hear me now?
    Great info, Thanks! can't wait to try it out! keep up the great work my friend!!

6. damartian

damartian Junior Member

thank you, i'm working trying to learn this phone. if you have any problems email me