Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Please post your wireless experiences in Boston.

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I want to pick the best service for the Boston area. I have heard SprintPCS "sucks" in Boston but when I lived in Arizona with it, it was great. ATT&T does not offer free long distance from anywhere and Sprint did. Anyway, I am looking at Voicestream and NEXtel right now. Please post your experiences god or bad in Boston. Thanks.

2. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

I've used AT&T in Boston and the service was pretty good. Although I've only been to the Boston Harbor and downtown areas. AT&T does offer free long distance...for example, their $39.99 Digital Advantage plan offers 400 Anytime Minutes, Unlimited Nights & Weekends and Free Long Distance from your "Home" region to anywhere in the US. The Home region is pretty decent covering the Northeast coast but for a larger territory you can also get the Regional plan.

Yeah, ask around in the Boston area...see how the Nextel service is, it might be decent too.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in Boston and just cancelled Sprint because they will not stop dropping calls on me! It was horrible!! I have AT&T for work and they have pretty good coverage but rightfully said they are expensive. I just signed up for VoiceStream. I have only had them for a month now. So far so good. I have not had any coverage problems with them yet and I have travelled to RI and Worcester, Mass. They also allow you to check your minutes used (like Sprint) as well as have nationwide long distance and Roaming. If you want, they give you a 72 hour free trial. Might be woth a shot. Let me know how you make out!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

If you're going to go with NEXTEL, make damn sure you're not near a fire station or police station. I live about a half or three quarters of a mile away from a police station and I cannot continue a conversation in my house without dropping a call at least once. It's a real pain. Does anyone have any experience with this with NEXTEL? Would an indoor antenna help at all? Also, make sure if you get NEXTEL that you're aware of their policies. I went to buy a phone through customer care and they tried to renew my service agreement for two years. If you make any changes to your service agreement they renew your service for two years. Thanks, and good luck.