Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Please Help Me!!!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Jake_byrde, Oct 5, 2005.

1. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Bills only show the city where the number belongs to, not the location where you are. So don't worry. She won't find out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    If you are not currently under contract you are probably on an old AC plan, which is not what's currently offered, so you would need to extend your contract for one year...I'm sure you're up for a new phone too if you wanted. How long have you had your old phone? What model is it?

don't do it via email, I'd suggest calling customer care at 611 as the best option, or going to a store(but I have no experiences with backdating your plan at the store).
    Hope this helps, and I agree that wireless companies shouldn't take advantage of people the way they do- but that's business :)
    ~Andy

But, P.S. to answer your question, if you are currently not under contract you may cancel at any time.

3. Jake_byrde

Jake_byrde Junior Member

Hey Andy, I did exactly what you told me not too... I sent Verizon an email. I'll keep you posted!!

By the way, the young lady and I are still talking but I suggested not talking for like a week because I'm starting to feel like a chump. We talk and talk and she's afraid to open up to me completely. I don't want to fall into the "gay friend" category. God I'm crazy about her.

Funny thing is she let her feelings be known for me again AFTER I told her we need a break. Women, eh?

4. Jake_byrde

Jake_byrde Junior Member

Okay, I got back a response...

They told me what my current plan is then suggested a new plan that would work better for me... 79.95 a month.

Then:

"At that time we may be able to rework your current charges down to an
    amount that is more suitable to your needs."

I'd have to agree to a 2 year contract. What do you think?

Thanks.

My current bill is like $700 but the new plan is double the price of my old one!

5. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    If you need those minutes, then going to a higher end plan is better than having $700 in overages, isn't it???
    If you're currently out of contract, chances are you are also eligible for a new phone with New Every 2.
    If you have less than a year or nothing left on your contract and don't want a new phone, you might be able to talk them into just having you agree to a one year contract.

6. Jake_byrde

Jake_byrde Junior Member

Still figuring it out... weighing options. Keep you posted.

P.S. If you tell your lady friend we shouldn't talk for a week and you call her
    the next day, shouldn't she be happy?? I don't get it.

7. lilprincess2

lilprincess2 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    ~*~iPhone 3g~*~BB 8900~*~
    I thought you said she was a :censored: monster so why would you want to talk to her anyway? lol Besides if you tell her for you 2 not to talk for a week and you call her the next day you can't expect her to be open arms friendly with you when you're kinda blowing her off. And you wonder why she won't open up to you? lol ... Back to the topic at hand though, if Verizon ripped you off what other carriers work well in your area?

8. Jake_byrde

Jake_byrde Junior Member

Hi LP.

I was thinking Sprint because they have fair sounding plans, but i've heard bad things in the past about customer service. What do you know about this?

9. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bad customer service experiences will happen with any company. Overall, Verizon is said to have the best customer service, and Cingular is said to not be all that great sometimes these days. Sprint is trying hard I think, and have improved tons.

10. lilprincess2

lilprincess2 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    ~*~iPhone 3g~*~BB 8900~*~
    Hi Jake, well i have no direct experience with Sprint but like Andy said every company has bad customer service at times. It all depends on the person you get, but, if you do happen to get a bad apple just hang up and call again for as much times as it takes to get a good one. :) Don't let one bad apple ruin the whole bunch i say! Perhaps they have fair sounding plans but how is the coverage for your area? That's what matters. :) Fair plans won't do you any good if you get spotty coverage but if they have good coverage fair plans is great, just don't think about the bad customer service. :browani:

11. Jake_byrde

Jake_byrde Junior Member

So I think I'm going with the free and clear thing from Sprint.. of w/e it's called.

It's gotten cold between me and the lady. We email eachother from work and joke around etc.. but we were just like "have a good weekend" which felt strange. I mean I said it first, but I was expecting to hear.. "what? I'll call you before the weekend's over" etc

12. Jake_byrde

Jake_byrde Junior Member

How safe is it to order phone/service from Sprint online?

Will me info be stolen?

Do the people on the other end see my SS#?

Thanks in advance!

13. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It's safe, but if you don't trust it, just go to a corporate store.

14. Jake_byrde

Jake_byrde Junior Member

Do you know if they see your full SS# at the other end?

I know at AT&T the people filling your order did not see it.

15. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I have no idea. Why not just go to a store then?