Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

please help me...cant get VX4400 to work as phone modem

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by IMTheNachoMan, Aug 27, 2003.

1. IMTheNachoMan

IMTheNachoMan New Member

ok i have been tryin for about 3 weeks now and i have tried everything that i can think of and i cant figure it out so i was hoping someone could help me
    i have a LG VX4400 cell phone through verizon
    i have web on my phone through those free WAP things NOT through verizon
    i have a laptop running windows xp
    i purchased the cable and hooked it up to my laptop
    when the phone is hooked up it comes under "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    i forget what it came up as (im in class so cause i have no net in the dorms right now)
    but when it first came up it came up under com15 ( i didnt even know they got that high)
    but i changed it to com2
    i have bitpim and i can successfully use it under com2 and my phone under USB mode
    now i wanted to use my phone as a modem
    i installed 4 diff modems
    standard 19200 bps, standard 56000 bps, verizon wireless phone, and verizon wireless phone(1xRTT)
    and i made all 4 of em point to com2
    then i made a connection with number #777 and qvc[​IMG]vc as pass
    and i put those intilization strings AT$QCMDR=2 that i found online
    then when i start trying to dial it says connecting, dialing #777 but it never works

i see that there are diff stirings like AT$QCMDR=3 and i didnt know which to use with my phone

so i was hopign someone who got it work could help me
    i would greatly appreciate it

2. VZWguru

VZWguru New Member

Here's the difference on the strings:

QNC - at$qcmdr=2; at$qcqnc=1

ExpressNetwork - at$qcmdr=3; at$qcqnc=0

So for example. If you're configuring the modem for a QNC connection in the Phone and Modem Options, the modem string would be the ENTIRE STRING listed above for the QNC. Make sense? Its at$qmcdr=2; at$qcqnc=1

**note** the modem string will only work if you're configuring a MANUAL dialup connection. It wont work if you add the string then go launch QuickLink Mobile to connect, this will cause an error. This is because the QuickLink Mobile is supposed to already have the strings configured in it.