Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Played with the T-Mo MyTouch 3G/HTC Magic

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by SteveW, Jul 26, 2009.

1. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile G1: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I got a chance to play with the myTouch 3G yesterday. Aside from the awkward name, it's a pretty nice phone. Much thinner and lighter than the G1 (of course), better battery life, larger trackball, horizontal touch keyboard.

I find the vertically-oriented touch keyboard on the G1 so tiny as to be almost unusable. But this one was big enough to work for me, at least briefly. Not sure about writing a novel on it.

My ulterior motive was to see if the battery in the myTouch fits the G1 (it doesn't). Battery life is my ony real complaint with the G1 and it looks like I'm going to have to go for one of the 3rd party batteries.

Anyway, I think the myTouch will make many people happy. Staff told me they should have these phones for general availabiilty by August 5.

SW

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 SteveW, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2009