Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Play qcp files?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by mrmimis06, Jan 24, 2007.

1. mrmimis06

mrmimis06 New Member

I want to be able to play qcp files on my pc. QCP Files is the format that my lgvx9800 phones uses when I save a sound on my phone. I have bitpim but it wont play them. I downloaded Purvoice and it give me an error message "Codec "TIA IS-127 Enhanced Variable Rate Codec, Speech Service Option 3VI' could not be found." I tried using the online media convert website and still no success. What do I need to do to play these darn files on my computer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :O

2. mrmimis06

mrmimis06 New Member

Ok guys the problem I found out why Purevoice isnt playing my file is because my sounds have an EVRC Codec. Apparently this codec isnt in the purevoice program. So...anybody know of any software that can play this type of codec?

3. toddalex4

toddalex4 New Member

I've tried everything I can find on the web with no luck. I'm getting the same exact result with my LGVX8300. Frustrating.

4. toddalex4

toddalex4 New Member

p.s. I even read someone invented a home-made adapter to run directly from the cell phone output jack to the MIDI input of the PC, but I don't have the skills to make one, and I haven't found one commercially available yet.

5. cedmundo

cedmundo New Member

Did you make any progress on this front? I have the same problem. Please let me know if you have!

With regards to your question about a "man-made adapter" with which you could patch your phone into your computer, what you need to search for is a "cell-phone recorder." I have one that radioshack makes, and it works flawlessly (although it cost me more than $30). Personally though, if I'm able to play the cell audio files on my PC, it will be a better solution.

I don't see the one I have for sale on Radioshack.com anymore. In any case, check these out:

RadioShack.com - Phones & Radio Communications: Accessories: Corded & cordless phone accessories: Recorders & ringers: Olympus Mini Tele-Recording Device

Universal Cell+Home Phone Call Voice Recorder Ear Mic - eBay (item 120277505729 end time Jul-04-08 10:33:00 PDT)

6. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I've seen software before that converted the qcp file to a file that the computer could play. Have you looked for any conversion software?

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. cedmundo

cedmundo New Member

Actually, I started out looking for conversion software--it's what led me to this post. I haven't spent a lot of time, but nothing leaped out at me in 15 min of browsing...