Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Picture Messaging

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by wooo, Jul 12, 2009.

1. wooo

wooo New Member

Okay, I just got a new (verizon)phone, its a palm treo 650, before i had a razr that could get and receive picture messages just fine, but on this phone when i get a picture messge it comes up with a link to the picture, but won't just have the picture come up in the message like it normally should, and whenever i try and go to the link it says data service is unavailable in this area. i used to be able to get on the internet on my razr if i payed the 3 dollar a day fee or whatever.

I have an alltel plan btw

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Uh use an Alltel phone? Actually does it have Windows Mobile?

3. wooo

wooo New Member

Don't have the money to get another one, and uh no it has palm os

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Yeah I doubt you will get picture messaging to work. You might if you had a Verizon plan.

5. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

It's not the plan it's the phone. The Treo650 is not MMS capable. Never was.

6. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    It is not the phone. The Treo 650 is absolutely capable of MMS, I can personally vouch for the Verizon and Sprint versions of the 650 and ofcourse the GSM version.

There was some discussion about Alltel not allowing MMS on their Treo 650, so it may just be the the fact that the OP is on an Alltel plan.

PS: I don't know about the Verizon 650 but the Sprint 650 is capable of both picture and video MMS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 charlyee, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  7. wooo

wooo New Member

Yeah the guy at the verizon store said i probably wouldnt get the internet to work, and i may or may not be able to do picture messaging, i was just asking here because the people dont always know what theyre talking about.

is there anyway i can get around it and have internet on this phone? cause like i know you can setup something thats free or something like that

8. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Alright, I'll change this: The ALLTEL Treo 650 is not MMS capable.

However, I just noticed the OP said this was a Verizon Wireless phone. A VZW phone placed on an Alltel plan will be very crippled and will basically just work as a Cell Phone with text capability. VZW data services are needed with a VZW phone for data to work on them. An Alltel plan won't work.

9. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Absolutely agreed :).

I believe that Mr. Obvious had said the same in his post, couple posts above mine.

Palm850/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Well...you wonder where I get my name eh? lol